Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What happens if your status changes from De-Facto to Married.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Liiza 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I was just having a discussion with my partner and we registered our relationship with BDM but are planning to get married here in Australia later in the year.
If we apply for the visa subclass 820/801 now, how will it change once we get married under the Aussie Law. Do we need to resubmit new Statutory declarations and paperwork?

#2 ·
We applied as defacto/engaged 820 in 2015 with plenty of evidence of living togeher > 2 years.
Got married and supplied change of circumstance form, marriage cert, copies of ids with name changed on them as well as a statement and couple wedding pics/flight tickets/bookings in 2016.
When they requested updated police checks and medicals in 2017 they addressed me with new name using new email and no marriage related issues were ever asked.

Other than waiver for 12 month requirement and being further strong evidence marriage isn't worth much as Visa is the same for de facto and married. We didn't have any problems.

Disclaimer - personal experience only here. Hope this is helpful.

Reactions: Liiza
#3 ·
We applied as defacto/engaged 820 in 2015 with plenty of evidence of living togeher > 2 years.
Got married and supplied change of circumstance form, marriage cert, copies of ids with name changed on them as well as a statement and couple wedding pics/flight tickets/bookings in 2016.
When they requested updated police checks and medicals in 2017 they addressed me with new name using new email and no marriage related issues were ever asked.

Other than waiver for 12 month requirement and being further strong evidence marriage isn't worth much as Visa is the same for de facto and married. We didn't have any problems.

Disclaimer - personal experience only here. Hope this is helpful.
Thank you for the reply. Looks like it is a fairly easy and straight forward process.

#5 ·
Ring a ding ding... ����

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.