Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Me and my husband are on our way to build our applications, but I have an issue. While my husband has been employed with the same company for more than 2 years, I have been a freelance translator for a year and a half.
The question is, how do I prove my employment status? (I must mention that last year I had a low income because of the crisis, that is, I issued only a few invoices all year long).
For the past year I have also been a volunteer with an organization, but I believe that will not be considered employment, as it is not paid work.
If anybody can give me an advice about my situation, it will be welcome.
Also, can somebody tell me if I can still immigrate with my husband if only he fulfills the application requirements??

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi,

Me and my husband are on our way to build our applications, but I have an issue. While my husband has been employed with the same company for more than 2 years, I have been a freelance translator for a year and a half.
The question is, how do I prove my employment status? (I must mention that last year I had a low income because of the crisis, that is, I issued only a few invoices all year long).
For the past year I have also been a volunteer with an organization, but I believe that will not be considered employment, as it is not paid work.
If anybody can give me an advice about my situation, it will be welcome.
Also, can somebody tell me if I can still immigrate with my husband if only he fulfills the application requirements??
Well, first of all the easy answer is that with a couple or family planning on immigration via skills, only one person needs to meet eligibility requirements as the primary applicant and a wife or husband can be the secondary applicant.
Thanks!
You ought to start from Workers - Visas & Immigration
And there has been a few significant changes to regulations introduced this year and Employer Sponsored Visas have top priority.
But as to eligibility and work experience, you'll find details under the eligibility section of any skilled visa you select by following the links from Professionals and Other Skilled Migrants > Visa Options > Outside Australia > 175 or 176.
There is a revised Skilled Occupations List you'll see a link for on the P&OSM page and someone posted that translators is not on it so that may count you out and your husband will need to check his occupation is on it and then see about having his qualifications assessed.
A-Z Occupations List - Australian Skills Recognition Information will have information in regard to the latter.
On the P&OSM page you will also see a What's New link and that has under the 08February announcements varioys pages in regard to the regulation changes and under the priority one you'll see that second priority is for occupations that are on State Migration Plans and you'll need to check State Links under the 176 visa to see if the various states have as yet an approved SMP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, you can still apply with your husband. Basically, your husband will be the main applicant. You will be put as dependent in his application. If he gets the PR, you will also get it.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.