Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday, i received a mail from my CO, he told me he is still waiting for the internal checking process to be completed. I lodged a 175 Visa application on Sep 2009 as a Mechanical Engineer that was on the CSL at that time. But because of the pregnancy of my wife, we finished the medical examination and uploaded all the required materials on May 5th 2010.

But now, can anybody tell me what is the internal checks? and when will they finish?

Is it security check?

Can anybody help me?

We appreciate you are concerned at the time taken to process your
application.

Notes on file confirm that we are still waiting for the internal checking
process to be completed. The timing for the completion of these checks
varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances.
Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for
finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to
finalise.

I am following up on the status of your case on a regular basis to ensure
it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will be contacted if we
require more information when they proceed with processing your
application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Quite possibly is the security process and as for timing, what more can you expect from outsiders given
The timing for the completion of these checks
varies from one case to another depending on individual circumstances.
Unfortunately, I am unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe for
finalisation of your application as some cases may take many months to
finalise.
There are so many factors as well as thousands of applications in process at any given time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite possibly is the security process and as for timing, what more can you expect from outsiders given

There are so many factors as well as thousands of applications in process at any given time.
Thank you, Wanderer!
i know that the security check is quite time-consuming, but i am not sure whether the internal check is security check.
How can i get the information whether my case is under security check?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank you, Wanderer!
i know that the security check is quite time-consuming, but i am not sure whether the internal check is security check.
How can i get the information whether my case is under security check?
There are HR countries and LR countries when it comes to Immigration and the checking for applicants does vary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

There are HR countries and LR countries when it comes to Immigration and the checking for applicants does vary.
Thank you, Wanderer!
Can you tell me where i can find the differences of checks between HR and LR countries?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Wanderer,
I have checked the Charter, but I did not find any information about the HR and LR countries.
Can you give me an average time period to finish the internal check?
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Luckshan! It is all there on that link Wanderer gave. Just scroll down and read the note and then follow the next link. This is what is says:

"Note: Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.
See: Australian Electronic Travel Authority"
Next link:

"Am I eligible?
You are only eligible to apply for an ETA while you are outside of Australia. To apply through this site, you must also hold one of the listed ETA-eligible passports. If you do not meet these criteria, you may be eligible for an eVisitor or an e676 Tourist visa online. Visit Department of Immigration & Citizenship to check your eligibility for these services.

ETA-eligible passports:
Brunei
Canada
Hong Kong SAR
Japan
Malaysia
Singapore
South Korea
United States of America

Holders of UK British National (Overseas) (GBN) passports are not eligible to apply for ETAs through this site. "

Luckshan, it seems only these few countries they list are the low risk ones!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Luckshan! It is all there on that link Wanderer gave. Just scroll down and read the note and then follow the next link. This is what is says:

"Note: Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) eligible passports. A list of these can be found on the department's website. High risk countries are those which are not ETA eligible.
See: Australian Electronic Travel Authority"
Next link:

"Am I eligible?
You are only eligible to apply for an ETA while you are outside of Australia. To apply through this site, you must also hold one of the listed ETA-eligible passports. If you do not meet these criteria, you may be eligible for an eVisitor or an e676 Tourist visa online. Visit Department of Immigration & Citizenship to check your eligibility for these services.

ETA-eligible passports:
Brunei
Canada
Hong Kong SAR
Japan
Malaysia
Singapore
South Korea
United States of America

Holders of UK British National (Overseas) (GBN) passports are not eligible to apply for ETAs through this site. "

Luckshan, it seems only these few countries they list are the low risk ones!
There are also a heap of EU countries from where people can still get an ETA but via a travel agent, airline or visa service.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Thank you, Skydancer!
My country is a HR one.
Do you know the average time period to finish the internal check?
It does not get published as such and I've seen references to six months and given the differences shown on the CSC link above that may be somewhere near the mark, however there are also many variables mentioned on the CSC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It does not get published as such and I've seen references to six months and given the differences shown on the CSC link above that may be somewhere near the mark, however there are also many variables mentioned on the CSC.
Thank you, Wanderer!
The time is too long, and unlimited. So it is too hard for everybody under the internal checks.
Thanks again, Wanderer!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Having applied as a LR national and (being a national of HR country) doesn't make my situation easier, even though I received an ETA online, last year with my LR passport. Anyway, it's now 5 months that I'm under internal security checks for my HR side of me. I even wonder if my LR side is being checked as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Having applied as a LR national and (being a national of HR country) doesn't make my situation easier, even though I received an ETA online, last year with my LR passport. Anyway, it's now 5 months that I'm under internal security checks for my HR side of me. I even wonder if my LR side is being checked as well.
Thank you for sharing, Pandora!
How do you know when your internal check begin?
I do not know how to get the information. Can you help me?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank you for sharing, Pandora!
How do you know when your internal check begin?
I do not know how to get the information. Can you help me?
Well, my form was sent in March. They requested an "intended address in Australia" at the end of June. So, I can hopefully say that they are in the middle of checking me and since I'm not hiding anything, I'm being optimistic that my Visa will be approved soon.

Best of luck to you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.