Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very much confused with all the options that one can take for partner visa in Australia. So i am desperately needed some advises. First of all, little introduction to me and my partner:

We have known each other for more than 7 years and travelled many countries together. But we never lived together or shared a join bank account. I left Australia last year ( gave up my 457 visa) and he travelled with me for 3 months after that. We had numerous photos, messages, emails to prove that we were in the relationship.. But I don't know if that's strong enough to prove De facto relationship.

Now we want to apply partner visa for me to come back to Australia. But we don't know which one is better :

The sub 300, then to 820 or 801. We want to get married eventually, but the main concern with 300 is that we don't want to be apart for over 12 months. And even after the application of 300 I can apply for 600 tourist visa, I won't be able to work. And I don't like being a free loader at his place for 12 months.

Or apply for 600 tourist visa then 820 or 309...But I am worried that because I don't have a job in China ( just got back to China early 2018), the visa might get rejected....( especially I just cancelled my 457) And also because we never had any financial prove of being together, it will be hard to prove our relationship for 820...

What do you recommend i should do?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
820/801 is onshore de facto/spouse.

309/100 is offshore de facto/spouse.

They have the same relationship requirements that you must meet or face refusal.

The 300 is offshore for engaged partners only. Evidence requirements are a bit more simple but this route is longer and a bit more expensive.

If you're eligible for a working holiday or work and holiday visa, that's a good way to apply for an offshore partner visa and spend time together onshore with work rights, or just apply onshore and the BVA with work rights goes into effect when whatever visa you're on ends.

It might be worth a consult with an RMA to see if you even qualify for de facto.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Registered Migration Agent.

You might need to trade a few wants, if you need a visa.

Wanting to be together or needing to work is a thing that needs consideration.

Many can never even visit Australia prior to a Partner Visa application (inc a PMV).

My heart still rips when we had to leave a kid behind to get a visa - that's after I fought a war.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.