Australia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what shall i study to get a PR in Australia and also a good job as i am studying Bachelors of Arts in English and Sociology currently. I have plaNeed to study masters at Australia. As being from humanities background I don't find enough 2 years course that leads to PR.
Or
Can I do double major in Masters of IT and Accountancy a combined course of both? Is there any university providing such facilities.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
My advice is do a double degree. You can always pull out with a single later, but it's worthwhile dipping your feet in two ponds. If you want a job, teaching or nursing. People want robots across all sorts of industries, but want human contact in care fields, especially of kids (which teaching is, alongside pedagogy)

·
Registered
18 Posts
what shall i study to get a PR in Australia and also a good job as i am studying Bachelors of Arts in English and Sociology currently. I have plaNeed to study masters at Australia. As being from humanities background I don't find enough 2 years course that leads to PR.
Or
Can I do double major in Masters of IT and Accountancy a combined course of both? Is there any university providing such facilities.
Thanks
If you are aiming to get PR, this combination is not very effective as these two occupations are similar in difficulty of finding a job or getting PR.

If you are very capable of the study then try as much as you can in IELTS or PTE.

The nursing courses could be under consideration if you would like to combine employment and PR opportunities.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I suggest you check the open list first and decide degree based on your own background.
As far as I know, the procedure is do a degree -> evaluated in open list -> full-time job for 6 month (with working visa and police check) -> apply the pr!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts