Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Love this forum and this been heaps helpful to me.

I am from Bangladesh and just been moved to my wife in Australia. I have got Subclass 309 partner visa. Since I have arrived I am trying to study on my visa and trying to sort out what do next.

I tried visa wizard and it says to apply for subclass 820 and 801. in other pages it says to apply for subclass 100 for permanent visa.

What should I do? Do I have to apply for permanent visa or will it be automatically changes to permanent status?

Also I have paid once i have applied for subclass 309. What would be the charges to apply for permanent visa in my case?

Thanks in advance

Shimul

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
When you apply for a 309, you are also applying for the 100 (Permanent Residency) as well. Two years after you applied for the 309, you'll be eligible for permanent residency. Two months before, Immigration will send you paperwork to fill out so they can determine your relationship is still genuine and continuing, and then grant your permanent residency visa. There is no separate fee for this - it was covered in the fee you paid before. Obviously you need to make sure they have your current address so they can send it.

Definitely don't apply for an 820. It's people who applied for a 300 who later apply for an 820. A 309 and a 300 are different. (309 is spouse, 300 is fiance)

Reactions: banyuwangi

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you apply for a 309, you are also applying for the 100 (Permanent Residency) as well. Two years after you applied for the 309, you'll be eligible for permanent residency. Two months before, Immigration will send you paperwork to fill out so they can determine your relationship is still genuine and continuing, and then grant your permanent residency visa. There is no separate fee for this - it was covered in the fee you paid before. Obviously you need to make sure they have your current address so they can send it.

Definitely don't apply for an 820. It's people who applied for a 300 who later apply for an 820. A 309 and a 300 are different. (309 is spouse, 300 is fiance)
Excellence information....Good on you CollegeGirl....Thank you...Cheeers....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.