Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting married then apply for a partner visa offshore or apply for PMV?

Im searching for the most ideal category for long distance partners. Something that will be a bit quicker than the other.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Getting married then apply for a partner visa offshore or apply for PMV?

Im searching for the most ideal category for long distance partners. Something that will be a bit quicker than the other.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi there. Well, you've come to the right place for advice. However, you have given no information about your relationship and that would be needed in order to give you any kind of advice.

How long have you and your partner been together?
Have you met in person?
Where are you located/where is your partner located?
Do you actually want to get married, or are you marrying for the sake of a visa?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there. Well, you've come to the right place for advice. However, you have given no information about your relationship and that would be needed in order to give you any kind of advice.

How long have you and your partner been together?
Have you met in person?
Where are you located/where is your partner located?
Do you actually want to get married, or are you marrying for the sake of a visa?
Sorry about that!

We've been together for almost a year now. 1 yr aniv next month.

We've met in person here in my residence country, UAE. He had then to go back in Australia. When he left, we stayed in contact and decided to make our relationship official as ldr. Weve been on a holiday in March - Sweden. Then I had two visits in Aus, Jun and Oct 2017 and going back again next month to spend the holidays with him.

We want to close the distance and very much inlove so yes, we plan to get married.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sorry about that!

1. We've been together for almost a year now. 1 yr aniv next month.
2. We've met in person here in my residence country, UAE. He had then to go back in Australia. When he left, we stayed in contact and decided to make our relationship official as ldr. Weve been on a holiday in March - Sweden. Then I had two visits in Aus, Jun and Oct 2017 and going back again next month to spend the holidays with him.
3. We want to close the distance and very much inlove so yes, we plan to get married.
All good! No worries. The more information, the better, really.

1. Now, you've been together as in dating for one year? In that one year have you lived together for any period of time? Do you have joint bank accounts or a lease agreement for your residence with both you and your partners names on it?

2. That's great that you have maintained contact. In that time, do you keep logs of your skype/facetime calls? Your messages etc? That is important in showing that you maintain contact while apart.

3. That's great! No one is doubting the validity of your relationship. In order to determine which visa best suits your situation you need to provide as much information as possible.

Might I suggest having a look through the following links?

PMV Subclass 300

Offshore Partner Visa Subclass 309/100

Those links are from the DIBP website. There is a ton of information in there. You should also look through the partner migration bookle?

Deciding which visa not only suits you but is your best option at being together can be quite the undertaking, the more research you do, the better! You don't want to waste your time or money for a refusal. All in all, your best bet is to speak with a RMA (many quality ones frequent these forums) and pay for a consultation and asses your options from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.