Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a very serious matter. Please read it carefully and help in answering queries that have been asked below.

I am a software professional and have 8 years of experience. As per rules of points calculation for one's experience, if someone is having 8+ years of experience, he will get 15 points for it. So I calculated 15 points for my experience. I also got Invitation to Apply.

But someone told me that due to some rule-changes done in the month of July-2013, about assessment, my first two experience will not be considered in points calculation. I contacted ACS to clarify this and they also told me that my first two years of experience will not be considered in points calculation. They say that first two years of experience is kind of training and so will be considered as part of one's qualification itself. One must have worked at least two years after completing the qualification but those two years would not be counted in points calculation. Points calculation starts only for the experience after the first two years of employment. Please have look over the below statement of ACS in my assessment:

"The following employment after Aug 2007 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of ANZSCO code.

08/2005 - 5/2008 (2 years 9 months)
Employer - Oracle

06/2008 - 9/2012 (3 years 4 months)
Employer - Tech Mahindra

10/2012 - 8/2013 (10 Months)
Employer - Tech Mahindra"

So I am confused about how much points DIAC will give me for my experience. So please help me in below queries:

1 How much points DIAC will give me for my experience which is 8 years plus?

2 Lets assume that someone unintentionally compute 65 points and he or she get Invitation to Apply based on these points. He accept the invitation and deposit all the required fee. But later DIAC compute his/her only 60 points. So how will DIAC will treat a case like this? Will he be given PR? Or will his full-payment be refunded back to him? I mean what would be the outcome of this?

3 To apply for one's assessment, one must have at least 3 years of experience. But from July 2013 on wards, if first two years will not be considered for points calculation, does this mean that a person with at least 5 years of experience can apply for assessment? And one with 3 years of experience cannot apply as his first two years would not be considered?

Please help me in these questions.

Regards
Prince

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.