Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been together for 11 months now and living together for 6 months. I think we have enough evidence. We registered our relationship, have lease agreement and all bills both of our names, we have been active taking photos when we are out with friends, we know each other friends well. We plan to get married in few years time and have family in the future.

So both of our family are not in Australia. My family is in Indonesia, and his family is in Belgium, but my partner is Australian now. I have met his family, have contacts with them and photos with them but he has not yet met my family. My family knows about us, and we are going to Indonesia to meet them in mid Dec 2018. My current visa expired on March 2019. I was told by an agent to submit before I leave to Indonesia to submit because she thinks it is suspicious to submit too close to my visa expiry date.

So I have been compiling documents for few months now and I am ready to submit. What I'd like to do is to submit the 27 questions and pay before I leave to Indonesia, and continue uploading evidence, particularly photos together with my parents while I am in Indonesia. I think the website says that I have 28 days to submit all evidence, however, if I upload and lodge the evidence while I am in Indonesia, will it work? Because the rules of 820, is supposed to be onshore?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Not sure where you read 28 days... I've had decisions made on both my 820 and 801 in less than 28 days (though it's more common to wait much longer, once you submit the application, they can pick it up at any time).

You only need to be onshore to submit and pay for the application. You can continue uploading evidences until a decision is made (or you run out of upload slots - which you should not do).

·
Registered
179 Posts
I haven't come across any folks having issues regarding where they are (e.g. Australia or Indonesia) when they upload their evidence, as long as it has been lodged in the correct location.

Given the cost of the partner visa, might be worth having a MARA agent do a final review of your application (eligibility, evidence etc.) before lodging.

I think the following link has the best free advice by a MARA agent in one place:
https://www.myaccessaustralia.com/category/partner-visa/

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi everyone,

My partner and I have been together for 11 months now and living together for 6 months. I think we have enough evidence. We registered our relationship, have lease agreement and all bills both of our names, we have been active taking photos when we are out with friends, we know each other friends well. We plan to get married in few years time and have family in the future.

So both of our family are not in Australia. My family is in Indonesia, and his family is in Belgium, but my partner is Australian now. I have met his family, have contacts with them and photos with them but he has not yet met my family. My family knows about us, and we are going to Indonesia to meet them in mid Dec 2018. My current visa expired on March 2019. I was told by an agent to submit before I leave to Indonesia to submit because she thinks it is suspicious to submit too close to my visa expiry date.

So I have been compiling documents for few months now and I am ready to submit. What I'd like to do is to submit the 27 questions and pay before I leave to Indonesia, and continue uploading evidence, particularly photos together with my parents while I am in Indonesia. I think the website says that I have 28 days to submit all evidence, however, if I upload and lodge the evidence while I am in Indonesia, will it work? Because the rules of 820, is supposed to be onshore?

Thanks!
You can upload the evidence wherever you are.

Just keep in mind that it is risky to lodge the application without having all the vital evidence in place. The evidence should relate to the period before lodgement and best practice is to include all the evidence straight after lodgement and then lodge the sponsor application.

You are not given any specific time period to provide the evidence, unless you receive a formal Request for Further Information.

In theory your application could be assessed (and possibly refused) on the day you lodge it, without any further requests for documentation. Although this is highly unlikely, it's something to keep in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.