Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you but I just have two simple questions as I am attaching the documents for applying the 820 partner visa.

1. In the forum I see people say you could wait the officer to contact you to take the medical examination and obtain the police check as both have validity.

But in the section for attaching documents I see it has places which ask you to attach documents which can evidence your health or at least intention to undergo the medical examination, so I am very puzzled whether I should do the examination now or just skip these requests in the section and wait for the officer to contact me.

2. If the form 80 and form 1221 is compulsory to complete as they are seemingly not required but recommended according to the legend status in the attachment section?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello!

We did not want to delay my husbands visa by waiting for officers to ask for extra evidence. He completed his medical before his submitted his 820, and completed his police check for both Oz and UK a few months after submitting his visa. His 820 was approved in just over 12 months.

Same for Form 80, submitted it even though it might not have been needed.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you but I just have two simple questions as I am attaching the documents for applying the 820 partner visa.

1. In the forum I see people say you could wait the officer to contact you to take the medical examination and obtain the police check as both have validity.

But in the section for attaching documents I see it has places which ask you to attach documents which can evidence your health or at least intention to undergo the medical examination, so I am very puzzled whether I should do the examination now or just skip these requests in the section and wait for the officer to contact me.

2. If the form 80 and form 1221 is compulsory to complete as they are seemingly not required but recommended according to the legend status in the attachment section?

Thank you all!
I tend to wait with visa medicals and police checks for about 4 to 6 months, unless they are formally requested earlier.

There is no harm in adding the forms 80 and 1221, but you may be asked for an updated version at decision time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.