Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am an Indian citizen, and was working in the USA (Baltimore) when I lodged my partner visa application in December 2017. I have since then moved back to India. And I was "physically" in India when I lodged my online visa application for 309/100 category.

I had a query and reached out to the AHC in New Delhi, India. However, I was told that my application is being processed in the USA and NOT in India. I am confused, can that happen?

Also, anyone from the USA who applied in Dec 2017 and would like to share their status? I have heard NOTHING so far.

Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I am an Indian citizen, and was working in the USA (Baltimore) when I lodged my partner visa application in December 2017. I have since then moved back to India. And I was "physically" in India when I lodged my online visa application for 309/100 category.

I had a query and reached out to the AHC in New Delhi, India. However, I was told that my application is being processed in the USA and NOT in India. I am confused, can that happen?

Also, anyone from the USA who applied in Dec 2017 and would like to share their status? I have heard NOTHING so far.

Thanks!
I think it is based on what "current" address you give in the application. If you stated that you were residing in the USA, regardless of where you were at the time of submission, your application would go to the USA office.
At least this is what I understand of the process from personal experience.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I think you have already answered your own question. Applications can be processed anywhere nowadays , but are most like processed at the processing centre dealing with the country where you were residing at the time the application was lodged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.