Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've read the instructions on the Home Affairs website about what the sponsor should submit (doesn't seem like much) and found some contradicting information on the internet.

The Home Affairs website says the sponsor only needs the following:
- Lodge application on website
- Identity documents
- Character documents

It doesn't state anywhere that they need to write a stat dec about the history of relationship or anything. I know they need to fill out a form 40SP but this is now the online form, isn't it?

So I'm confused about the following:
- Do they need to write a Stat Dec with history of relationship?
- Do they still need a separate form 40SP?
- Does it matter whether they create their own immi-account or use yours?
- Do they need to write their own statements regarding the four categories (commitment, financial, social and household?) I read somewhere that if they don't create their own immi-account they will need to do their own statements regarding these four categories.

I'm going to have my partner write the stat dec about our history etc regardless of if it's necessary but wasn't sure about the rest.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi!

I've read the instructions on the Home Affairs website about what the sponsor should submit (doesn't seem like much) and found some contradicting information on the internet.

The Home Affairs website says the sponsor only needs the following:
- Lodge application on website
- Identity documents
- Character documents

It doesn't state anywhere that they need to write a stat dec about the history of relationship or anything. I know they need to fill out a form 40SP but this is now the online form, isn't it?

So I'm confused about the following:
- Do they need to write their own statements regarding the four categories (commitment, financial, social and household?) I read somewhere that if they don't create their own immi-account they will need to do their own statements regarding these four categories.

I'm going to have my partner write the stat dec about our history etc regardless of if it's necessary but wasn't sure about the rest.
Correct.

No, it's part of the online form.

No.

No.

Yes. The online 40SP equivalent will have questions covering these topics.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thank you! Would writing one together and sign it both with a JP also suffice? As we will be writing the same things anyway.
I'd say no (can be corrected on this).
Best if both applicant and sponsor present their own version of the relationship.
I don't think I've seen anyone with one statement between the two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.