Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which new technology do you think will be big in the future?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  roggermclean 
#1 ·
The Australian government has invested a lot of money into new technology - which technologies do you think will be big in the future? Which will attract the most employment in years to come?

#2 ·
I feel Computerized Systems will still be on top of the chart so some of the jobs which will still be in demand : Network engineers, Systems Administrators, Programmers. More use of technology means more data therefore the Database Designers etc will create more jobs in that section.

#3 ·
I agree and I think as demand for high tech employees grows we will see the need to bring in more and more overseas workers. This at a time when the government, and unions, are looking to crack down on 457 visa numbers.

If you have high tech computer skills in Australia I think you will find yourself in a very strong position going forward :)

#4 ·
I don't think so, at the moment the IT industry is moving jobs offshore - sure in a few years after all the systems fail and nothing works then they might come back.

At the e-Government conference in Sydney at CeBIT they were talking all about Cloud and Big Data - they are the things they are working on at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.