Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dilemma at hand because I don't know which visa my girlfriend should apply for. I stayed in China for one year where I met my Chinese girlfriend and now I am back in Australia. We are intending to get married and she wants to come to Australia to live with me. I don't know whether to apply for the fiance visa or for a temporary/permanent visa.

Some background on our situation, we've been in a relationship for one year. We didn't live with each other during the time I was in China (her parents will not let her live with her boyfriend). But we obviously spent lots of times together. Also worth noting, I left China 3 months ago.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It sounds like the PMV is the best visa to bring your Chinese GF to Australia permanently. However, to come for a holiday she can apply for a visitor visa. However I would seek professional advice first regarding applying for a visitor visa as she needs to be able to show that she as strong reasons to return to China after her holiday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I should've mentioned that she already has a tourist visa for Australia. In regards to PMV, would I be eligible to apply since we've never lived with each other. Or should we get married first and then apply?

My concern is that I'm not sure if I have to prove that we're in a defacto relationship. We've never lived with each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.