Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been with my partner for two years. He is Guatemalan and I am Australian. We want to apply for a partner visa on shore. He is not eligible for an ETA so I think the only option is a tourist visa 600? From what I understand for the bridging visa to begin his tourist visa will have to finish? From what I can see the 600 tourist visa lasts for a year with only 3 months stay at a time. Does that mean he will have to leave the country every 3 months until the full year is complete before he can changeover to a bridging visa? Is there another option?
Any help is much appreciated!
Thank you

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Yes, he will need to apply for a subclass 600 but he will need to provide evidence that he will be a genuine tourist and leave Australia at the end of the tourist visa period. If the tourist visa gets granted with a NFS (no further stay) clause he will not be able to apply for another visa onshore.

IF he gets a tourist visa and it does not have a NFS clause the bridging visa will become activate at the end of the current stay period. So if he gets a 12 month visa with no more than 3 months at a time then the BVA will kick in after the end of the 3 months provided he does not leave Australia. If the visa is single entry 12 month stay then it will not kick in until after the 12 month stay.

You will also need to have enough evidence to apply for the partner visa as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.