Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I currently live in America and i was born there. My fiancé and i have been engaged for a year and she was born in Australia and lives there. So we decided it’s time to make the big move to live together in the same country. So my question is, what would be the easiest visa to apply for and what would be the best visas to apply for that both saves us time and money?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, I currently live in America and i was born there. My fiancé and i have been engaged for a year and she was born in Australia and lives there. So we decided it's time to make the big move to live together in the same country. So my question is, what would be the easiest visa to apply for and what would be the best visas to apply for that both saves us time and money?
This is such a hard question to answer....
If you look down the partner visa barrel there are a few things to be aware of as you are "engaged." If it is known to the department that you are engaged you would need to apply for a prospective marriage visa first and then you have a certain timeframe in which you have to marry. The other partner visa is either apply onshore and wait for a decision onshore or apply offshore and wait for a decision offshore. These are all not cheap options...

Other than that there are also skills visas, sponsored work visas and many other avenues to go down. If you are not short on cash I would suggest getting a good migration agent to help you with the process. It is super stressful and help can really take the stress and guessing out of the equation.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Cheap - as per fee is 309 or 820 - PMV cost is a bit more.
Fastest (time) - no such thing very random and mostly long.
Easiest - PMV.

Basically you need to pick the best that suits and buy a few books.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You only have 3 options when it comes to partner visas:
300 prospective marriage (offshore)
309/100 partner ( offshore)
820/801 partner ( onshore)

In terms of processing times, in very general terms, the sc. 300 is probably fastest, followed by sc.309 and sc. 820. In reality it is impossible to say.

You should not worry about which visa may be fastest, but only concern yourself with which visa will be most appropriate for your circumstances.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Years ago I won $4+ from Lotto.

I met a man who had lost his job and was about to lose everything else when he won 300k+ from Lotto. In those days a modest house cost $50k.

I worked for a man who won Tattersalls 3 times.

I worked with a man who gave up using the same numbers after several years of no payout. The next week... He had never stopped complaining about his job and how much he hated it. I offered to help him strangle himself.

If you line up 10 rows of tissue boxes from Melbourne to Sydney, the probability of selecting the ONE with tissues is more or less the same as selecting a particular 7 numbers from 45 in one trial.
Conclusion?
Lotto is a tax on idiots! (not original)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi, I currently live in America and i was born there. My fiancé and i have been engaged for a year and she was born in Australia and lives there. So we decided it's time to make the big move to live together in the same country. So my question is, what would be the easiest visa to apply for and what would be the best visas to apply for that both saves us time and money?
With the gift of hindsight, I would opt for a skilled type visa rather than a partner one (if you both qualify that is).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.