Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
i am about to graduate 12/2010 . and i don't have overseas and australia work experience . after graduation, i fulfill the 2years study in australia and i have already received my skill assessment from engineer australia . can i apply for 457 visa in australia ? cheers.:confused:

regards,
johnney

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Just out of interest, are EA actually issuing qualification assessments before graduation or do you mean you have completed the course, have a letter to confirm you meet requirements of the award and December is when the graduation ceremony will be?

But anyway,
Have a look ay the 457 and you'll see that it is not just a qualification but skills/experience that need to match a position.
From overview:
For lawfully operating Australian and overseas employers to sponsor and employ skilled workers who have recognised qualifications and skills/or experience in particular occupations required in Australia.
Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

If you have an employer prepared to sponsor you, he can still employ you while the student visa is current and if you could get a couple of months of experience up with him you could always try.
But why not apply for a state sponsorship if a state has your engineering discipline on their SMP and then the 886.
If the state where the employer is does not yet have the SMP active, use the 457 as a fall back measure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.The first thing i want to clarify is there is appropriate nomination occpuation list on immigration website. The employers need to nominate one occupation from this list.

Another point i m trying to make here is that whether the employer nominated occupation should be exactly same as my skill assessment(e.g electronics engineer) from EA or closely related to occupation as a result of skill assessment ?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I suppose if it was the AFL Footy show and I was Sammy, it'd be an Oooooh Really!
And reading between the lines, if you and an employer want to fabricate something, I'll not even say good luck to you but the opposite.
Your call if you want to play smart arse rather than accept the regulations for what they are.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.