Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I applied for 820/801 onshore partner visa back in Jan 2012, it has been 25 months since the application was submitted.

I haven't even received 820 visa yet and don't even have a case officer, I asked for the application status many times and all they say is they are waiting for a security check and once it's completed I will have a case officer to finalise the case.

My question is who else is waiting for over 2 years and haven't even received 820?

My origin is from high risk country PAKISTAN, which plays part in lengthy security assessment I guess.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't been waiting more than 2 years,just 22 months....but I have a case officer and I have heard from her a couple of times,just requesting for more information.I am from a high risk country,Kenya and so still waiting for security clearance too.Just hang in there...at least you are on shore!:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi chicken999,

Thanks for the info but I checked in the forums most of the people there are overall waiting for long time but my case is different as I haven't even received first stage visa yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Belden,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I'm blessed with waiting onshore but trust me it's just as frustrating as off shore as I can't get a decent job without visa finalised first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ive got simlier case

ive applied for (820/801) 27 months ago, they e.mailed me 6/2013 for more information-since didnt hear anything from them and i havnt got even my TR.
Note; iam from Egypt and ive been in austraila for 7 years now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I am from Pakistan and I have been in the same situation like you for even longer period now, I applied for Partner Visa in 2011 and am still on Bridging visa A.
Most of the time I do not get reply from Immi if I ask for the status of my application, if they do, they only say that they are waiting for the security check result.
hope things go well with Us.
If you have already got TR or any response, don't forget to post here because it will help people in the future.

Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you from Pakistan as well?
For me it has been 35 months. I wonder how they calculate 2 years peeps.
Is your file being processed in Victoria? I submitted in Sydney, but they sent it to Victoria. .

·
Registered
274 Posts
Any updates on 820s from Pakistan???
Grants, rejections, still waiting?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh my! Did you go straight to P.R 801?

Was there anything out of the ordinary with your case?

I don't think hubby can wait 3 years without seeing his family in Pak - we'll have to consider BVB. :(
3 years so unacceptable.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Any children in the relationship? How long were you married for when you applied?
Did you have to redo medical and police check?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm Australian, husband is Pakistani.
We are just awaiting security checks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
What did they say the delay was though? Just the security check?
Did you communicate with DIBP much?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.