Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,Long post!

Ive recently got back from Australia after a week holiday to see my girlfriend and parents. I intend to go back within the next month or so on a WHV (and then register the relationship),however Im on a time limit as i turn 31 end of March.The issue I have is this....

I applied for a working holiday visa with "The Travel Visa Company" in April 2016 who were utterly useless with their communication,and for whatever reason,I never had any more communication from them regarding my visa (I can't get any sense out of them regarding this). I did have some issues due to a spent conviction when I was 18,and had to send an ACRO certificate,but after that I heard nothing else. This dragged on for months and so I left it.

In October last year I applied for a holiday visa to see my parents for weeks starting on December 4th,and never having any issues before with this,was shocked to first have it returned citing "further information" and then a refusal the following day due to Immigration believing it wasn't for a genuine holiday and that I was going to disappear.
My parents contacted their MP who advised they apply for a visa that required a bond that would be refunded upon me leaving the country-this was accepted and no charge taken from them.

When passing through Australian Immigration,I was pulled aside as usual and the Immigration officer gave me the number for Border Patrol/Immigration and said to call them and find out what happened to my WHV in 2016. I called the following day and was told they couldn't tell me over the phone,but an email was sent in October 2016 (which I never received) containing more information. I was then told to email them and request it be resent,which would take 5 working days.Over a month later and 2 emails later I still haven't received any information.

I called one more time before leaving the country and was told the email i was given by the previous person was wrong and that they would fire off an urgent email for me.Over a week later and i have heard nothing.

I was told by an immigration expert that the approved sponsored visa for my previous trip should work in my favour,is it worth me re applying for a WHV?And would I be ok using an agent or doing it myself?

Sorry for the long post,any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I can’t see any harm in applying for a WHV. If you are going to use a migration agent , make sure it is an Australian MARA registered agent instead of one of those dodgy “ visa expert” outfits.

Reactions: Carl_Grimes

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see any harm in applying for a WHV. If you are going to use a migration agent , make sure it is an Australian MARA registered agent instead of one of those dodgy " visa expert" outfits.
Thanks for the reply:)

So should i just apply then even though they said to find out what happened to the previous one? Times ticking and immigration/border patrol are being very unhelpful.

Heres the company I was going to use,but friends have said they did it themselves and it was relatively simple

https://www.1stcontact.com.au/visas/australian-visas/partner-visa

Thoughts? Ive been burned before and haven't had much luck tbh. Its the one real chance of me and my partner gathering some evidence of a relationship too

·
Registered
6,962 Posts
Thoughts? Ive been burned before and haven't had much luck tbh. Its the one real chance of me and my partner gathering some evidence of a relationship too
CCMS, who just replied to you, is one of 4 Australian MARA registered agents that regularly post on this forum. It might be worth a consult with him to ease your mind. https://www.coralcoastmigrationservice.com.au

A DIY application for a simple case would be common, but with an application with any potential for difficulties, it might be worth double checking everything.

Reactions: Carl_Grimes

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Contact the previous poster, I think since the clock is ticking and you have issues (some unknown) to deal with in your application.

He is a very good Registered Migration Agent, I and many other on this forum have used him.

Click on the link below included in his post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.