Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just finished my WHV second year last week and moved on to a student visa - 500, which got accepted within 2 days.

I have two weeks until my course actually begins and I was hoping to go back to work (where I was doing my WHV). I am unsure if I am able to though. Has anyone done this before? I really don't want to risk working for two weeks if its going to result in my student visa being cancelled! Unsure if they check these things closely or even if its something I can't do.

Any help or advice from people who have been in this situation would be great!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Unsure if they check these things closely or even if its something I can't do.
Wether they check it or not is irrelevant (hint: they do cross check with the tax office...). Your visa grant letter will clearly explain the conditions of your visa. I urge you to print it out and read it carefully as well as take note of the advice of the previous poster.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, definitely do not start working early. The extra couple of weeks' work simply isn't worth the risk of visa cancellation.

Kind regards

Lisa Ira (LLB.BA.GDLP)
Principal Migration Consultant (MARN 1467616)
Proxy Migration

e: [email protected]
w: www.proxymigration.com.au

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature does not constitute migration or legal advice and should not be relied upon. To provide you with migration advice, we need to consult with you to obtain your full information and circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.