Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My stepson is 24 and lives wolverhampton UK. He has been working full time as a floor finisher since leaving school at 16. Because of the recession the company he is with have reduced the hours and are now not paying him and others.

I would like to know whether anybody has any views as to whether it would be better to go to Australia on a WHV and then try for permanent residency? Or try for permanent residency offshore? From the points test calculator I would say he has 115 points. If he did a IELTS he would have 125 points. If his girlfriend, who is studying midwifery (1 more year to go), applied with him another 5 points.

I am Australian and my partner (UK) and I are in the process of applying for a partner permanent (subclass 100) as we have been in defacto and UK residents for 12 years. So I have my handful dealing with all of that too. Maybe while I have my immigration head on....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.