Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

If in Australia on a WHV and apply for a Visitor Visa.

Does a Visitor Visa supersede the WHV when granted, or kick in at expiry of the WHV?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi Guys,

If in Australia on a WHV and apply for a Visitor Visa.

Does a Visitor Visa supersede the WHV when granted, or kick in at expiry of the WHV?
If granted, the tourist visa will replace the WHV on grant.

If you have been in Australia on a WHV for 12 months, it is unlikely you will be granted a tourist visa straight after.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Yep am aware of that Nick.
Furthermore, if you were 10 months into your WHV and you would then apply for a tourist visa (which would make no sense at all), if it was granted, it probably would be for only 2 months and could even come with a "no further stay". A student visa could be a better option, if you could convincingly address GTE requirements.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My flat mate is doing a dive course but are currently sick so will not finish before the WHV expires.

So a Student Visa is not a real option.

She has been out of Australia for 3 months of her current WHV.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mania, no it is unpaid.

They do "intern" but get free dive courses (masters I think) - at this stage I am not sure if it is a proper intern.

She also has a option of a skilled visa application, that might buy enough time.

Mania I know very little about WHV and work visa's in general, so thanks for the reply. Just looking at options - she has contacted a RMA, but is still trying to digest the options.

·
Registered
918 Posts
From personal experience, I used 2 x WHV back to back and then was granted an evisitor 651 after 1 week of WHV expiry. 12 months with maximum 3 months per stay period, no NFS imposed.

It is risky, I knew that there was every chance they could refuse it so I'd made prior arrangements with my partner as to what I wanted shipped back to the UK and what could stay in Aus should the worst case happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.