Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I think we all have these constant freak out moments with our visas. I had another one today.

I talked to HR at my current employer, since I was thinking of returning after my BVA was granted (applying onshore for a 820 partner visa). He said that he was a bit worried about that, because the BVA should have the same restrictions as the WHV ( so 6 months limitation). My grant notice does not indicate that at all, it says I have not restrictions on study or work. I of course know that the letter is automatically generated - so it might not be accurate.

Can someone tell me, whether I will now have another 6 months restriction until my visa is processed? I mean, that would be two years, probably a bit less. I also wanted to start a career here and stop jumping from job to job...

I find lots of conflicting information here, so I hope someone might be able to answer this.

Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Julia

·
Registered
918 Posts
If there are no restrictions on your grant letter then there are no restrictions on your work rights whilst on your BVA.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The BVA granted after a partner visa application will not have work restrictions, and you can prove that once you have the grant notice and the conditions are "nil".

Just remember that even though you have the BVA grant, it will not be in effect until the WHV expires.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The BVA granted after a partner visa application will not have work restrictions, and you can prove that once you have the grant notice and the conditions are "nil".

Just remember that even though you have the BVA grant, it will not be in effect until the WHV expires.
Hi Skybluebrewer,

thank you for your swift answer.
Yes, I'm fully aware of that. My BVA comes into effect on the 19th of January and I will therefore cease my contract here after the six month period ends on the 13th of December. I will have a new position as of the 20th of January here, at least for a while! Feels good to know that I can actually come back.

:):)

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.