Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 'dangerous' animals always seem to be one of the main concerns for most. However, I do not believe there is in fact a great risk. Especially not in the major cities. On top of that, there is a lot of over exagerration on how poisonous some animals are.

For me, the main reason to come to Australia would be the lifestyle (outdoor living) and the weather (West-Coast, Perth Area).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sponsored my Australian husband to Canada first and he just couldn't get used to the fast pace, the traffic and the food. I am ready for the change and a quiet retirment. I have been to Australia a couple of times and I look forward to living there. I love the wildlife and scenery and the smell of fresh air. My husband is different in a positive way when he is home and I look forward to the move. To be honest I would move wherever he would want to as long as it made hime happy because that would make me happy also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are many different reason why expats have moved to, and are looking to move to, Australia. It would be interesting to see the range of different reasons?

Was it financial, health related, a fresh start, a new relationship, etc?
I think Australia has a great facilities for foreign students as well as workers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I want a fresh start. I understand every place on earth has laws and such but if the American dream will never be then I might as well live happy on the beach where I might also be able to succeed. Here in the states it has become just a pipe dream for the average person. Go to college and they dont care if you have any jobs or not. They just send the bill. If you have no work then they expect you to find the money in a tree, or in some instances they threaten you with incarceration. Like my SN, I am FEDUP.

The fact that so many Aussies are worry free, makes me want to sign up. That says a lot to me, but I have just started the learning process as of yesterday. I have a lot to learn.
curious to know 3 months later what you have decided to do. I am fed up with US as well. Always struggling for the American dream but never quite reaching it

·
Registered
32 Posts
In my case, I would say that "Australia picked me". I never planned to move to Australia. But the opportunity popped up, and I gave it a go. I read a bit about the country. And I knew that there is a beautiful rich wildlife, clean air, possibilities to succeed, the country is stable politically, the currency is strong, nice people, nice landscapes, great weather etc... I thought there was no way I wouldn't enjoy myself there. That convinced me to take a chance and move to Australia .

·
Registered
155 Posts
Neither did I pick Australia, nor did Australia pick me. It was someone else's decision and I'm grateful for it.

My parents passed away when I was a teen and my mother's last instruction was to ask my uncle if he'd take me to live with his family in Australia as they were really close when they were growing up. They brought me here as a student, there were no facilities for them to adopt me so I came as a student. The intention was for me to finish off my education first and then probably to go back since it'd be hard to stay here permanently. Now I've got a chance to stay here and I'm grabbing it with both hands.

·
Registered
19 Posts
paradise lost

hi
people choose Australia because it is the paradise lost for everybody who does feel humiliation of human dignity in his own country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why OZ?

Was living and working in the US, and decided we wanted to "get out of our comfort zone" so I got a job transfer to India (working for Google.) After a year we wanted to get back to a place a little more comfortable, but still outside of the US so we asked to transfer to Sydney.

Been here ever since. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I discovered Melbourne, and I fell in love with my husband. Two good reasons to stay in Australia.

As it's easier for me to migrate in Australia than for him to move to France (the language is the first and strong barrier), we naturally decided to settle in Australia.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We chose Australia because a good company sponsored my husband.
He went or a trial for almost a month , and he returned with a signed contract.
After a month preparation of giving our requirements, the immigration lawyers lodged our nomination, and after 5 DAYS our visa was granted.
We were so elated!! Now we are busy wrapping all our things , and here we come.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sunny Skies and Bare-feet living

I first visited Australia about two decades ago when I was just a cadet on an ocean going freight Ship. When I stepped ashore in Brisbane I saw some guys walking bare-feet and entering a Mac-Donald's outlet.

I said to myself "Now ain't that a great uninhibited way to live?"

Also Australia offered the opportunities for out door activities, sunny skies and tremendous potential for starting a new lif. These were all the key ingredients why I decided to move to this great land of 'Milk and Honey' andI am so happy for having done so!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love Australia because in my opinion it is one of the most beautiful and diverse countries in the world.
You can find everything: A world metropolis like Sydney & isolated ghost towns in the middle of nowhere, snowy mountains & huge sandy deserts, spooky landscapes in Tasmanie & the world's biggest tropical coral reef. That's just fantastic!!! And I love the people - the Aussies ;) as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We moved to Australia from New Zealand.
Even though New Zealand is far prettier than Australia, Australia gives us more job options and better money. :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
My fiancé is in Australia. Initially, we were talking about him coming to the U.S., but the more we thought about it, the more we felt Australia was the place for us to be. He has family there, we definitely need to live near a beach, he has a well established career while I am able to pursue my career choice in either country, and we would much rather raise our son (his stepson) and our future children in Oz vs. USA!

Personally, it doesn't really matter where we live, as long as it's a relatively safe place for our kids and we're all together. Hopefully Australia will be where my family calls home soon!

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.