Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I’ve applied 801(final stage) in April 2018 and still waiting for PR.
My wife (Sponsor) can’t get pregnant because of her severe kidney disease and she’s type 1 diabetic as well and If she gets pregnant she will end up having transplant so that’s why we don’t want to take risk.
My questions are :

1-) Should we tell case officer and upload her doctor letter which states complications and risks, because we have been together for last 5 years So they can think why we don’t have kids yet.

2-) We’re planning to have child through surrogacy in Ukraine, Should we tell this to case officer that we’re going to Ukraine for surrogacy ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
129 Posts
Not a good idea to mention any medical problem related to applicants because the visa will then be rejected with lame excuses because the case officer is strictly told to reject every visa application where applicants have medical issue or if the applicant will have issues in future because the prime purpose of visa officer is to make sure that applicant will not be a burden on Australian economy in future. They won't allow a sick person to migrate to a avail Medicare benefits.

They have no feelings for applicants

You'll get visa without notifying the case officer as it's in final stage already. Why on earth you want to get the visa refused?

Having a baby is not mandatory to get the partner visa

· Registered
7,511 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've applied 801(final stage) in April 2018 and still waiting for PR.
My wife (Sponsor) can't get pregnant because of her severe kidney disease and she's type 1 diabetic as well and If she gets pregnant she will end up having transplant so that's why we don't want to take risk.
My questions are :

1-) Should we tell case officer and upload her doctor letter which states complications and risks, because we have been together for last 5 years So they can think why we don't have kids yet.

2-) We're planning to have child through surrogacy in Ukraine, Should we tell this to case officer that we're going to Ukraine for surrogacy ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Why bother? There is no requirement to have children. Many couples don't have them.

This is of no relevance to the immigration people.

We have been together for closing in on 5 years, with no children or even the intention to have children. Never even considered mentioning this to immigration.

Reactions: Auspak

· Registered
197 Posts
I’m inclined to disagree with the other responses only in the case that you have taken documented steps to start a family. Eg going through IVF in my opinion could be used as evidence of being in a committed relationship regardless of whether it bore children. Similarly if you can prove that you have taken steps to commence the surrogacy process then in my opinion that would also contribute to evidence of being in a committed relationship.

· Registered
267 Posts
I'm inclined to disagree with the other responses only in the case that you have taken documented steps to start a family. Eg going through IVF in my opinion could be used as evidence of being in a committed relationship regardless of whether it bore children. Similarly if you can prove that you have taken steps to commence the surrogacy process then in my opinion that would also contribute to evidence of being in a committed relationship.
OTOH, not having children or not planning for them doesn't mean the applicant is not in a committed relationship.

AUSPAK said:
So they can think why we don't have kids yet.
IMMI won't bother to ask why they don't have children after 5 years together. It's none of their business.

· Registered
197 Posts
I'm inclined to disagree with the other responses only in the case that you have taken documented steps to start a family. Eg going through IVF in my opinion could be used as evidence of being in a committed relationship regardless of whether it bore children. Similarly if you can prove that you have taken steps to commence the surrogacy process then in my opinion that would also contribute to evidence of being in a committed relationship.
OTOH, not having children or not planning for them doesn't mean the applicant is not in a committed relationship.

AUSPAK said:
So they can think why we don't have kids yet.
IMMI won't bother to ask why they don't have children after 5 years together. It's none of their business.
Sure, in the same way not owning a house together doesn't mean a couple isn't in a committed relationship. But if a couple does own a house together then I'm sure you wouldn't hesitate to tell them to put that evidence in as part of their application.

I'm not saying the absence of kids is a negative to a couple's prospects - but there is no reason why any documented attempts to have children, particularly where there has been hardship associated with conceiving, can not be used as evidence. My husband and I went through IVF to have our son and if we were still in the process of getting his visa sorted then I can tell you straight I would have absolutely used that as evidence.

· Registered
129 Posts
Quite a foolish idea to let the case officer know . Do you know that the case officer will reject the case straight away with a lame excuse if he/she comes to know that the family is suffering from a medical condition.

It's a rejection straight away

Seems like you don't know the mentality of case officers

· Registered
6,928 Posts
I would be inclined to say that family planing has had an issue on the Australian sponsors part - but all options are being considered.

This from a reputable medical centre that deals with child conception issues.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quite a foolish idea to let the case officer know . Do you know that the case officer will reject the case straight away with a lame excuse if he/she comes to know that the family is suffering from a medical condition.

It's a rejection straight away

Seems like you don't know the mentality of case officers
Why on earth case officer would refuse the case on the basis of sponsor's health. You mean all australians (Sponsors) who have medical problems can't get married and their partners can't get visas ?

I think you didn't read my post thoroughly.

· Registered
774 Posts
My husband and I included our family planning with our 801 visa. In my mind, it is more evidence showing that we are in a committed, long term relationship. The sponsor's medical issues won't have any bearing on the visa application. So, to me, it's more evidence showing that your relationship is continuing and ongoing with plans for the future.

Reactions: Auspak
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.