Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for visa 189, unfortunately, my wife doesn't have Birth Certificate. However, my name is on her passport. Does she need to have a Birth certificate or having my name on her passport will suffice?

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Hi,

I am applying for visa 189, unfortunately, my wife doesn't have Birth Certificate. However, my name is on her passport. Does she need to have a Birth certificate or having my name on her passport will suffice?

Thank you in advance.
Having your name on her passport wont help. She will need to get a copy of her own certificate.
Which country was she born in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She was born in India. We are in the USA currently and finding it difficult to arrange the certificate. Can we use her Class 10/High School certificate, it has the DOB? What about the certificate from the Indian consulate in the USA?

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
She was born in India. We are in the USA currently and finding it difficult to arrange the certificate. Can we use her Class 10/High School certificate, it has the DOB? What about the certificate from the Indian consulate in the USA?
Have you tried applying online, if you exhaust all other options you could look at alternatives, however not being able to provide a birth certificate could become problematic if in the future, after she settles in Australia, she would wish to sponsor a family member.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.