Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife currently holds Bridge Visa E while we wait for decision on Partner Visa 820. Her mother has suddenly become ill and will very likely die in the next few days. She wants to go home to see her mum and give some comfort in her final days.

After researching our options it seems that our situation is completely hopeless because:
  1. BVE will cease when she leaves the country
  2. BVE cannot be given travel right or changed to BVB
  3. If she leaves she may have 3 year ban on temporary visas, or in any case she will not be granted a temporary visa because she obviously does not want to visit temporarily
  4. If she stays outside Australia and 820 is finally assessed it will immediately be thrown out since she is not on-shore
  5. Therefore she must choose now: visit her mum and give up on living in Australia or stay here and miss her mum's final days and funeral

We have tried to make a compassionate case through an email we got from a staff in the bridging visa office, but haven't had any response.

Can anyone advise whether it is worth pursuing this? Is there anything we have missed?

Thank you.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,603 Posts
My wife currently holds Bridge Visa E while we wait for decision on Partner Visa 820. Her mother has suddenly become ill and will very likely die in the next few days. She wants to go home to see her mum and give some comfort in her final days.

After researching our options it seems that our situation is completely hopeless because:
  1. BVE will cease when she leaves the country
  2. BVE cannot be given travel right or changed to BVB
  3. If she leaves she may have 3 year ban on temporary visas, or in any case she will not be granted a temporary visa because she obviously does not want to visit temporarily
  4. If she stays outside Australia and 820 is finally assessed it will immediately be thrown out since she is not on-shore
  5. Therefore she must choose now: visit her mum and give up on living in Australia or stay here and miss her mum's final days and funeral

We have tried to make a compassionate case through an email we got from a staff in the bridging visa office, but haven't had any response.

Can anyone advise whether it is worth pursuing this? Is there anything we have missed?

Thank you.
I think you pretty much summed up the options unfortunately. Those BVE's are a pretty nasty thing to be on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ampk
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top