Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is Alem,I am married with Mevlida and we have beautiful son Mirza,he is 15 mounts old,we are both 28 yr old. I wonder if anybody can help us to migrate in Australia from this s'''' Bosnia And Herzegovina. On this prompt me my son because I don't see a better future for him here,this is place where you can not earn money for normal life,I am working on gas station and my wife working in socks maker firm and we both earn 1100 KM (that's around 780 AUD) for month,not for a week than a month.From both
salary we have to pay installment for credit which is 400 KM ,bill for electric energy 60 KM,utility 50 KM...... On the end I stay with 500 KM (357 AUD) and I have to buy foodstuffs,clothing,diapers...... I am NOT magician.
So I hope that I can expect some good and helpful men or woman to help me.
Thanx

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
My name is Alem,I am married with Mevlida and we have beautiful son Mirza,he is 15 mounts old,we are both 28 yr old. I wonder if anybody can help us to migrate in Australia from this s'''' Bosnia And Herzegovina. On this prompt me my son because I don't see a better future for him here,this is place where you can not earn money for normal life,I am working on gas station and my wife working in socks maker firm and we both earn 1100 KM (that's around 780 AUD) for month,not for a week than a month.From both
salary we have to pay installment for credit which is 400 KM ,bill for electric energy 60 KM,utility 50 KM...... On the end I stay with 500 KM (357 AUD) and I have to buy foodstuffs,clothing,diapers...... I am NOT magician.
So I hope that I can expect some good and helpful men or woman to help me.
Thanx
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound to me like you'd have any way to migrate to Australia. Australian visas are usually given for a few different categories of people: those with partners or relatives in Australia; those who have a specific company that wants to sponsor them because they can't find an Australian who can perform the job they are offering; and those who have specific job skills that the Australian government values enough to offer them state sponsorship. Jobs like those you and your wife have do not (to my knowledge) fall into any of those categories.

There is a visa wizard here that you can work your way through to see if you'd qualify for anything, but your situation doesn't sound hopeful to me.

Maybe someone else will have other ideas for you. *fingers crossed*

Reactions: Alem

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Also, the fees for applying for a visa are incredibly expensive, as is the cost to move and to set up house somewhere else. Based on what you've said about your budget, it sounds like that kind of money might be hard to come by. The cost of living in some parts of Australia is extremely high as well.

Reactions: Alem

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoped that someone who have a firm in Australia bee willing to hire me,I also have experience as truck driver and i finish high school for electrician,you know ,I am willing to pay or work off all that is costing,
Anyway thx for ans

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not many options available I'm sorry. Do you have any friends or family in Australia?
Do you have any experience as an electrician?

It is very difficult to sponsor overseas employees, and is getting more and more difficult.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife has relatives in Australia, I personally do not have anyone. I have experience as a welder, I worked in the shipyards in Croatia for the firm 3.maj in Rijeka, I have experience of two years of continuous operation, and I have a certificate issued by the shipyard. How, I asked for jobs in Australia, welders needed ....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Unfortunately you don't have a lot of options.

Your occupation must be on a list of occupations in demand (Workers - Visas & Immigration), but you need to have documentation to prove your occupation, you can't just say I did this, I did that, you need to prove it (check the immigration webpage, all information is there).

There are also temporary sponsorship visas (457, Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)), but it's very difficult to find a sponsor (and again you have to have good references).

The only other way would be to get to Australia on a student visa, you study something from the SOL (skilled occupation list) and get your permanent residency eventually, but ... you can only work 20 hours a week, the SOL lists are changed all the time, and who knows what happens in a year. The study fees are really high and you'd be spending all your money on the school. Without the family support, this is almost impossible.
I remember the troubles the bricklayers went through, when their occupation was taken of the list recently. Imagine this, you're here, paying all those high fees, struggling, and perhaps you have just a few months to go before you apply for your permanent residency ... and your occupation is taken of the list. So I really wouldn't recommend a student visa.

Have you looked for any information about Canada and New Zealand? Australia is supposed to be the toughest to get in... And anywhere is better than where you are, I know.

Good luck and sretno!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad you know my language, because of Sretno
Thanks much for the information, means a lot to me. I will try to inquire a little for New Zeland and Canada, so I'll see what the options are with them, the only worries me as I have no relatives in any of these places in Australia have.
Thanks anyway

·
Registered
332 Posts
Alem, Australia is one of the hardest country to get permanent visa. It's very costly, even we are working as professionals in malaysia, I have to fork out whole bunch of cash for the application and saving money for our living in Australia.
Honestly, if it's not because of my country current political unstable and corruption, Malaysia is a very nice place to stay... :eek:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your advice,
from which you are a part of Malaysia, I would have moved in Malaysia but I do not know neither the language nor a letter, and I have none of the relatives that could advise me how, what and where.
it is hard when you have no one there .....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Malaysia is a multicultural and multiracial country. Some say it's a melting pot but for me it's not. There's a serious racial and religion issue here. Race come 1st, nation 2nd.
There's racial discrimination here from government agencies to the public schools.
Security is unsafe here, i lost 2 cars last year and my dad just being robbed last week. Our police force is useless and is understaff.
I'm not trying to scare you but i'm telling the truth.
If you really want to live in malaysia, better head to east malaysia. It's far more tolerance than west malaysia where there's no issue on racial nor religious tension. I even have some Dutch & English neighbours there who stayed like more than 30 years and they love it!
2cents advice, better master malay language, even english is widely spoken there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm glad you know my language, because of Sretno
Thanks much for the information, means a lot to me. I will try to inquire a little for New Zeland and Canada, so I'll see what the options are with them, the only worries me as I have no relatives in any of these places in Australia have.
Thanks anyway
It's not easy to move, especially not to such an expensive country as Australia is. It does help having relatives around, especially if you can stay with them until you earn some money for the rent somewhere else.

Unfortunately your relatives can't help you get your visa, unless they find somebody who's willing to sponsor you on a 457 visa. But it's very difficult to find a sponsor, there are a lot of requirements so I'm talking more hypothetically, not that there really is a chance.

Although a lot of people from New Zealand come to live in Australia (no work over there), I still hear good things about New Zealand and Canada. Perhaps you have a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend... Certainly don't give up, do your research.

All the best!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.