Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've been granted bridging visa A, which will start at the end of my visitor visa on the 18th of Aug.
However I need to leave the country on the 15th of Aug, Do i still need to apply for BVB even I leave during my visitor visa?

Can I apply for BVB right now evn I haven't finish uploading all my documents, and haven't done my required medical examination?
Thanks all

P.s. My current visa is visitor visa eta multiple entry, 3 month stay. I entered the country on 18 of May with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you applied for 820/801 and have been granted for BVA, then you are on Bridging Visa A, not visitor visa. Your visa statues is the latest one you get granted.

So that means you will need to apply for BVB before you leave the country.

Make sure you do this before you leave as I have seen some people end up their partner visa rejected because they did not change to BVB.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I received an email sayin it 's granted but it will start only at the end of my visitor visa.
But in anycase, after more research I found out multiple people who have successfully applied for a BVB before their BVA kicked in.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
If you applied for 820/801 and have been granted for BVA, then you are on Bridging Visa A, not visitor visa. Your visa statues is the latest one you get granted.

So that means you will need to apply for BVB before you leave the country.

Make sure you do this before you leave as I have seen some people end up their partner visa rejected because they did not change to BVB.
This is incorrect. The BVA doesn't go into effect until the current visa ends, which in the case of the OP is when the current 3 month stay period ends. This is info found both in the grant letter and on the immigration website.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello,
I've been granted bridging visa A, which will start at the end of my visitor visa on the 18th of Aug.
However I need to leave the country on the 15th of Aug, Do i still need to apply for BVB even I leave during my visitor visa?

Can I apply for BVB right now evn I haven't finish uploading all my documents, and haven't done my required medical examination?
Thanks all

P.s. My current visa is visitor visa eta multiple entry, 3 month stay. I entered the country on 18 of May with it.
You can re-enter Australia on your current visitor visa provided you return before the last entry date, as specified on your visa grant letter. You will then have to wait another 3 months before your bridging visa A ( and work rights) come into effect.

The alternative is to apply for a bridging visa B and delay departure until after 18 August, so your visitor visa will cease.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can re-enter Australia on your current visitor visa provided you return before the last entry date, as specified on your visa grant date. You will then have to wait another 3 months before your bridging visa A ( and work rights) come into effect.

The alternative is to apply for a bridging visa B and delay departure until after 18 August, so your visitor visa will cease.
So if I leave the country before 18th august and come back before 18th august, I would have to wait another three month?

If I leave before 18th august and comeback after 18th august, i'll have to reapply for a visitor visa? Can i even do that?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
So if I leave the country before 18th august and come back before 18th august, I would have to wait another three month?

If I leave before 18th august and comeback after 18th august, i'll have to reapply for a visitor visa? Can i even do that?
If you leave before 18 August and return before the last entry date, your tourist visa would be valid for another 3 months. You would then have to wait 3 months before your bridging visa A would come into effect.

The bridging visa B will replace your bridging visa A. It is basically the same as your bridging visa A with a limited travel facility attached .

What is the final entry date of your tourist visa?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the homeaffairs.gov.au website, it says you need to be on the territory to apply and be granted the bvb, but it doesn't say you have to be in the country when it start...
Which means I could leave the country on the 15th (3 days before end of visitor visa), then on the 18 th or 19th, the bvb automatically start.
pfff my brain gonna explode

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you leave before 18 August and return before the last entry date, your tourist visa would be valid for another 3 months. You would then have to wait 3 months before your bridging visa A would come into effect.

The bridging visa B will replace your bridging visa A. It is basically the same as your bridging visa A with a limited travel facility attached .

What is the final entry date of your tourist visa?
it s the 18th aug

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I wouldn't need to re apply for it, it wil be automatically valid for another 3 months.
Sorry I really want to understand properly.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
If the final entry date of your visa is 28 August, you MUST get a bridging visa B before you leave. You should apply about 2 or 3 weeks before departure. Do not leave Australia, before the bridging visa B is granted, otherwise you may not be able to return. Make sure to return well before the travel facility expires and don’t leave it to the last day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the final entry date of your visa is 28 August, you MUST get a bridging visa B before you leave. You should apply about 2 or 3 weeks before departure. Do not leave Australia, before the bridging visa B is granted, otherwise you may not be able to return. Make sure to return well before the travel facility expires and don't leave it to the last day.
No no no , it s the 18 aug , and i booked flight on the 15th.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
No no no , it s the 18 aug , and i booked flight on the 15th.
Yes, so your tourist visa will expire when you are outside Australia. Therefore you need to have a bridging visa B in place to be able to return to Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
which means I don't need to be in Australia for the start (not the grant) of the bvb?
The bridging visa B can only be granted while you are in Australia, but you can leave before it comes into effect. It will come into effect when your tourist visa expires.

There are 2 ways your ETA will expire, so carefully check the dates on the ETA grant letter.

1) If you are in Australia when the maximum stay period ends.
2) if you are outside Australia on the " last entry date".

If you return to Australia before the " last entry date", the ETA will be active for another 3 months.

Hope that makes it clear. I can't explain it any better than that.

Reactions: le parner visa
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.