Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new changes to Partner visas will we have to start the PMV & sponsor applications all over again?

Before 18th Nov we have filled in most of it & saved but are just waiting for the divorce papers before we submit.

TIA :)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You may find that there are some changes to the saved forms.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may find that there are some changes to the saved forms.
Ok so in your opinion best to print what we have filled in already & deleted the saved applications & start again?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I would just try and finalise the existing applications and see how you go.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would just try and finalise the existing applications and see how you go.
What about the 'upload all evidence when lodged or it may not be included in decision'
We will have police checks or at least are being processed but what about the medical. Going to lodge in 1-2 weeks is that enough time to have it organized/done before or can we still wait until they are requested?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I read in another forum just recently, with the medicals, to hold off. Because medicals are only valid for 12months, same with police checks. And by the time they actually get around to processing the application, they'll have expired. So you'll need to re-do.

I don't know how much truth their is in that though.

A friend of mine found that anything they missed, their case manager literally just said "get this organised and upload" and it was sweet. I think I submitted ours before my police check was fully finalised, and I just uploaded receipt as confirmation. His was an FBI check so that was already back.

Even after you click submit you can still keep adding in things.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
What about the 'upload all evidence when lodged or it may not be included in decision'
We will have police checks or at least are being processed but what about the medical. Going to lodge in 1-2 weeks is that enough time to have it organized/done before or can we still wait until they are requested?
There is no need to complete medicals and police checks straight after lodgement. The best time to do them is before someone starts processing your application, but not so early that they will expire before your application has been finalised.

Everything else should be provided on the same day you lodge the application.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
242 Posts
I read in another forum just recently, with the medicals, to hold off. Because medicals are only valid for 12months, same with police checks. And by the time they actually get around to processing the application, they'll have expired. So you'll need to re-do.

I don't know how much truth their is in that though.

A friend of mine found that anything they missed, their case manager literally just said "get this organised and upload" and it was sweet. I think I submitted ours before my police check was fully finalised, and I just uploaded receipt as confirmation. His was an FBI check so that was already back.

Even after you click submit you can still keep adding in things.
Honestly, I was surprised that immigration have decided to "stop reminding" people of documents they need as I thought that applicants uploading everything at once was pretty much a given. I was very shocked to see that they re-sent out the required and recommended documents list to applicants around six months after they applied telling them that if these documents "weren't already uploaded that they should do so now" back when I applied. To be honest, this seemed to do more harm than good.
I'm not sure how strict this new policy will be (if its even enacted yet), but CO's reminding applicants of documents or telling them what else is needed down the road always depended on who the applicant gets as a CO. It's all down to chance; you may get someone who is more lenient or someone who will deny you outright.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is no need to complete medicals and police checks straight after lodgement. The best time to do them is before someone starts processing your application, but not so early that they will expire before your application has been finalised.

Everything else should be provided on the same day you lodge the application.
So once someone starts processing the application they will send the request to complete medicals with the HAP ID?

I read in My Health Declarations to not do this yourself once you have lodged as it will slow application down.

By the way thank you so much for you replies :)

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
So once someone starts processing the application they will send the request to complete medicals with the HAP ID?

I read in My Health Declarations to not do this yourself once you have lodged as it will slow application down.

By the way thank you so much for you replies :)
The medical information will appear in your ImmiAccount after you have lodged the application. No point in doing it beforehand. I normally advise clients to wait a few months with the medicals, unless it is specifically requested or it is for an application with a short processing time.

Reactions: PrincessEnvy

·
Registered
60 Posts
The medical information will appear in your ImmiAccount after you have lodged the application. No point in doing it beforehand. I normally advise clients to wait a few months with the medicals, unless it is specifically requested or it is for an application with a short processing time.
Nick, I was under the impression that due to the November 18th changes, it is best to submit your application (sc 300 in my case) with the police and health checks done before. Are we still allowed to submit them afterwards?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Nick, I was under the impression that due to the November 18th changes, it is best to submit your application (sc 300 in my case) with the police and health checks done before. Are we still allowed to submit them afterwards?
We have received the following advice from DIBP:

While health and character checks are important, they are not core criteria to determine eligibility for grant of a Partner visa.

While applicants do run the risk of having these checks expire if they complete them up front, our cases officer will, in the interests of efficiency and where possible, seek to finalise applications that are both fully documented and have health and character completed before these checks expire.

Deciding whether or not to complete health and character up front would be up to the the individual, depending on the characteristics of the case.

Sponsors should include police checks, visa applicants can add them later. Unless you have a specific reason to do so, you should not do your visa medicals before you have lodged the application. Once the application has been lodged , you can use the health link in your ImmiAccount to organise the visa medicals. The timing is up to you, as per the above statement.The timing is especially important for offshore applicants, as the first entry deadline is determined by the validity of medicals and police checks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We have received the following advice from DIBP:

While health and character checks are important, they are not core criteria to determine eligibility for grant of a Partner visa.

While applicants do run the risk of having these checks expire if they complete them up front, our cases officer will, in the interests of efficiency and where possible, seek to finalise applications that are both fully documented and have health and character completed before these checks expire.

Deciding whether or not to complete health and character up front would be up to the the individual, depending on the characteristics of the case.

Sponsors should include police checks, visa applicants can add them later. Unless you have a specific reason to do so, you should not do your visa medicals before you have lodged the application. Once the application has been lodged , you can use the health link in your ImmiAccount to organise the visa medicals. The timing is up to you, as per the above statement.The timing is especially important for offshore applicants, as the first entry deadline is determined by the validity of medicals and police checks.
Thank you Nick.

Following up, if the sponsor goes through with the AFP check when the application is lodged, and the applicant submits their local police and health check after the visa application is lodged, wouldn't the application be determined by the sponsor's AFP check expiration date which is also 12 months?

So, here's an example:

December 2017: PMV (subclass 300) visa lodged, including sponsor's AFP check
February 2018: Applicant submits police and health check
December 2018: Date of sponsor's AFP check expiration.
February 2019: Applicant's police and health check expiration.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It is my understanding that the sponsor police check is required at the beginning to make sure the sponsor is not someone with a bad criminal or domestic violence history. I imagine this is done in anticipation of the separate sponsorship application that is supposed to come into force next year. I have been asked for sponsor police certificates, before processing of the visa application has begun. So these are different requirement. The sponsor of course won’t be affected by any first entry date as they are already Australian citizen or PR.

·
Banned
252 Posts
The timing is especially important for offshore applicants, as the first entry deadline is determined by the validity of medicals and police checks.
This is a very good point to mention. I have some loose ends to tie up prior to moving to Australia, and as much as I want the approval sooner than later for piece of mind, I would prefer my deadline to enter to be a few months down the road. Hence I waited 4+ months to do police & medical checks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.