Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been reading a lot of threads that talk about registering their De Facto relationship in order to help out with fulfilling requirements of a Partnership Visa. I did some searching in regards to registering a relationship in Queensland, however, I could only find info about registering a Civil Partnership in QLD, is this the same thing as a De Facto?

My partner and I have been in a defacto relationship since Feb 2016 (in our eyes at least), however, we have only been physically living together for a total of about 10 months. (See our full situation on my other post, sorry I can't link to it...)

Will registering for the Civil Partnership in Queensland (where I live) help my partner and I towards getting a Partnership Visa, even though we have been in a relationship for a while already?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Civil partnership should be the correct one. That's what it's called in the ACT as well.

Extra evidence, so it won't hurt to get your relationship registered. It's always good to declare your relationship to government bodies. If you decide to do it, do it ASAP and not the day before submitting your visa application. Always better when things have been going on for a while and not look like they've been just done for the visa application.
Okay great, thanks for that. Will try and register ASAP.
Was just scared to register at this later stage because I thought Immigration will count our relationship as De Facto from the point in which I registered it rather than from Feb, which is when she started living with me.
But that would be silly I guess. haha.
Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.