Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, My name's Phil.

I'm 21, I have absolutely no skilled work that would enable me get in that way. My girlfriend is an Australian citizen & lives on the Sunshine Coast, we have been together for 2 years, but only lived with each other (at her mums) for 10 months. Does this make the de-facto process a complete rule-out? I have only my GCSE's and BTech national in music technology and I don't think study is an option. I work as a digital and lighting assistant for a high-end fashion photographer, working in that industry... would that help aid my chances of sponsorship? and finally... does my age matter? I'm 21., 22 in november. I worry that anything I apply for will look as though i'm "too young" if that makes sense.

Any advice would be appreciated SO much.

·
Registered
88 Posts
philhewitt said:
Hey, My name's Phil.

I'm 21, I have absolutely no skilled work that would enable me get in that way. My girlfriend is an Australian citizen & lives on the Sunshine Coast, we have been together for 2 years, but only lived with each other (at her mums) for 10 months. Does this make the de-facto process a complete rule-out? I have only my GCSE's and BTech national in music technology and I don't think study is an option. I work as a digital and lighting assistant for a high-end fashion photographer, working in that industry... would that help aid my chances of sponsorship? and finally... does my age matter? I'm 21., 22 in november. I worry that anything I apply for will look as though i'm "too young" if that makes sense.

Any advice would be appreciated SO much.
Hi Phil,

They are pretty strict on the 12 months requirement for the defacto visa, have you thought about coming to Australia on a WHV, living with your girlfriend and therefore reaching the 12 month requirement?? Also, if you are planning on getting married any time soon, you could apply for a PMV which I don't think has the 12 month requirement on it...

Hope this helps a little, I'm sure someone can come along with more help and advice!

:)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hi there,

I'd go with Tjw25's idea. Working holiday gives you the 12 months together, you apply for the partner (de facto) on the last day of the visa (as many do).

Don't worry about you're age, my partner and I are both 19 (I'm almost 20), and that didn't affect our application at all.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As far as I know Australia wants young people! Because of your age you're definitely eligible for the Working Holiday Visa, if you haven't used it already. I think that the 10 months might not count if you're separated afterwards. My partner and I didn't apply after living together for 12 months cumulatively, only now that we've lived together for over 12 months without a break. Then again, we just assumed we wouldn't be eligible on the previous occasion. I guess you could always ask.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wow saraM!!!

Hi there,

I'd go with Tjw25's idea. Working holiday gives you the 12 months together, you apply for the partner (de facto) on the last day of the visa (as many do).

Don't worry about you're age, my partner and I are both 19 (I'm almost 20), and that didn't affect our application at all.
You are ONLY 19??? just a baby :p I was sure you are at least in your late 20's because you are so articulate and come across as a very mature person.
Kudos to your parents love, you are sweet, kind, and wise beyond your years!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You are ONLY 19??? just a baby :p I was sure you are at least in your late 20's because you are so articulate and come across as a very mature person.
Kudos to your parents love, you are sweet, kind, and wise beyond your years!
Thanks Mari, yes it's true :eek: But really myself and my partner feel much much older than we are, DIAC did it to us :rolleyes:
I know that you're going through some tough times and I hope that you and your partner will get through it, I'll be so happy for you when it all works out :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.