Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Partner is an Australian Citizen, we have been together for 2 years now but we have not lived under the same roof for 12 months or shared bills etc...

Due to the nature of my work, I am currently unskilled and have no chances of applying for a visa of that kind, and I am done with studying.

If my partner were to apply for a WHV in England, and stay for 12 months, live with me under the same roof, share bills, make sure we have solid proof will this be sufficient enough to apply for the defacto visa we need in order for me to return back to Australia and continue my life out there?

I've struggled to find a way back myself and this may work if she stays over here for a year. Can anyone else enlighten me?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a very solid positive response. Just what I was looking for. I think it's harder for us to get it all done the other way round as I have already had previous WHV's for Australia, and that, ultimately is where we want to spend our lives. So hopefully one year over here living together will get us ready for our defacto visa.

I'm very excited.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The other options would be for your partner to come to australia as a tourist for a year, but obviously they could not work, or, if marriage was on the card to apply for a PMV.

However, if your both happy for you to go to england on a WHV I personally think that this would be the best option. Good luck! x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.