Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in Australia on my first working holiday visa which expires soon. I am planning on applying for my second year visa but I have some concerns that it might be refused.

I am wondering if I apply for the visa and it gets investigated can I withdraw and apply for a student visa instead, or will I have no choice but to leave the country?

Any advice or experience of a similar situation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Perhaps it would be an idea to be forthcoming with us as to why you believe it may be refused.

Then we may be better served to provide you with accurate advice.

The direct answer to your question is yes you can withdraw and apply for another visa.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Why do you think you will be investigated? If you withdraw an application because of some adverse information, it is bound to pop again, if you try and apply for a different visa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. The reason I am concerned is that I did my farmwork in two blocks (perhaps this might raise a red flag?) and one of the farms messed me around with regards to payment and documentation, so if immigration does look for evidence I may not be able to provide enough to satisfy them.

I am happy to go on a student visa if I need to as there are a couple of courses I would like to study but obviously the second WHV would be my preferred option in terms of cost and the fact that I did complete my regional work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have enough to complete the application but no payslips or anything like that to supply if they investigate the application.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
The reason I ask is the last thing you want to do is provide evidence you can not substantiate. Providing false or misleading evidence is a serious matter - not that yours is false per say but if it can't be proven then you could end up on the end of a pointy stick.

A Migration Agent would be worthwhile in consulting to review your evidence and guide you.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I have enough to complete the application but no payslips or anything like that to supply if they investigate the application.
I would not lodge the application unless you have all the evidence required to back it up.

Acceptable evidence of employment includes certified copies of:
  • pay slips (must be supplied for all specified work performed from 31 August 2015)
  • a written and signed piecework agreement setting out the pay rate per piece and how it is measured.
  • group certificates
  • payment summaries
  • tax return
  • employer references
  • a completed employment verification form
  • Australian bank statement covering the period of declared specified work
  • a written and signed agreement setting out any lawful deductions in pay.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You can request your payslips, it is mandatory for an employer to supply them.

If you were given them and did not keep them, you can request copy's the employer must keep records for at least 5 years.

Should you have any problems with the employer you can contact the Fair Work Ombudsman, this is a free service.

Did your superannuation get paid and correctly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.