Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was sent an email stating I had withdrawn my sponsorship. I was quite upset about it because it was not something I wanted and asked for a reason. I did not get a reply.

A month later I emailed the Lawyer who is working on me and my wife's partner visa from Thailand to Australia.

He informed me that the Embassy had cancelled the visa due to changes in circumstances since the Visa subclass 309 was submitted. Lack of funds and accommodation in Australia seem to be the catalyst for the cancelation.

My wife is in tears and has has been admitted to hospital because of stress and she is also 6 months pregnant with my child. She doesnt have a permanent address in Bangkok and is unemployed.

I absolutely fear for their safety, but can find no answers to her plight, or anybody that wants to get involved.

My question is does anybody know how a visa cancellation decision can be overturned when the accommodation situation can't seem to be rectified?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Shouldn’t you ask your lawyer about this? As the sponsor you can appeal the refusal at the AAT.

Never heard of a partner visa application being refused, because of the reasons you mentioned, but of course it is possible if insufficient evidence was provided.

If you want someone to review this properly and you have no faith in your current lawyer , book a consultation with an Australia based registered migration agent. I don’t think this is something that can be dealt with on a public forum.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
One of the requirements for a sponsor is to provide for their spouse (accommodation, food etc) for 2 years and you sign a form saying that you will do this. One of your previous posts you said you emailed them to say that you would not be able to provide for her in Australia.

If she came to Australia, how do you expect to support her? If you appeal you will need to show that you can support her for 2 years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This thread caught my interest for a couple reasons but primarily because (as with so many threads) more is left unsaid than said.

Just to summarise, you have previously commented that your wife is 4/5 months pregnant, no fixed address and working as a prostitute in Thailand.

Plus her family might be pursuing legal? action against you (in Thailand?) to financially support the child but you're not sure the child is yours (I assume because she's working as prostitute).

You're broke and have already told immigration that you will not be able to provide for her if she comes to Australia.

Is any of that inaccurate?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that, and I have always tried to be honest with immigration. It is her and her family that keep trying to get me to lie. I need to protect myself. But now that there is a child on the way, I am concerned and depressed knowing that she got pregnant on purpose as she thought it would help with the visa. As much as I tried to convince her to stop what she was doing, she defied me. I have had to block her for her own sake. I only get frustrated by her stupidity and I cannot help but yell at her and call her manipulative . Unfortunately now she is in a hospital on suicide watch and I feel really bad. But I cannot do anything for her or our baby.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is fairy correct. She wasnt what I consider a prostitute, but she was going with men just to get food.
She isn't able to do that now. She is about 6 months pregnant, and I now believe the baby is mine as the timing is right even though last year there were many nights that she didn't come home, so I cannot be 100% even though she assured me that she wasn't sleeping around.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not too sure if the family can do anything regarding the baby, and yes, I am broke and cannot support her. Although she has told me she would move to a refuge and get a job.
With a baby to look after I am not sure if that would be possible

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have withdrawn the sponsorship then I'm not sure what you expect might happen.

If you have known her for that long, enough time to apply for a partner visa, then even if the child is not yours, surely you owe either her or the child something. Once the child is born and even if it turns out not to be yours, or maybe it is, then maybe that would be a better time to deal with it?

Can I ask, when did she say she tell you she was pregnant?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The visa was cancelled for reasoned I am not totally aware of but have tried to find out.. We have been married for over 3 years. We have been waiting for the Partner Visa for almost 18 months. She is not in Australia. She is in Thailand and cannot work. I havent seen her since last year. She told me she was pregnant in march this year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All he said was that it was canceled because my circumstances had changed sinced I lodged the application. This apparently was lack of funds and no accommodation for her.

My circumstances havent changed, Immigration always assumed my wife had money, but she doesnt.. Her family lied on the application just to get her to Australia.

·
Registered
710 Posts
given all the lies you were fed and that they were putting in a fraudulent application this is probably the best outcome for you.
I'm sure you are being lied to re the financial and hospital situation. Thai's can't afford lawyers the mother hasn't cut her off.
her plan to come and live in a refuge was never going to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly this sounds like a pretty horrendous situation. I hope it works out for you and especially for the unborn child.

However I would delete this thread if I were you as admitting to a fraudulent application on here may work against you in the future.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
All he said was that it was canceled because my circumstances had changed sinced I lodged the application. This apparently was lack of funds and no accommodation for her.

My circumstances havent changed, Immigration always assumed my wife had money, but she doesnt.. Her family lied on the application just to get her to Australia.
You signed a form when you lodged the application saying that you have enough funds to support your wife when she comes to Australia with accommodation, food etc. Immigration had no reason not to believe this. You told them that you do not have enough money to support her with accommodation and food so immigration had no choice but to refuse you as a sponsor because one of the requirements of a sponsor is to provide for them for 2 years.

If you had not told immigration that you did not have enough money to provide food and accommodation they probably would not have known and there would have been no issues. The issue is that you told them so they had no choice but to act on that information. Now you will need to show them that you have enough money to provide food and accommodation etc for you wife in Australia.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.