Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So my partner has decided to withdraw her sponsorship for our defacto visa :( ive been sent an email asking for a response within 28 days. I have also been told by a company that they are willing to sponsor me, however it may take longer than 28 days. Whats the next best steps to remain in australia until my sponsorship 457 is lodged? Once my defacto is withdrawn, shall I apply for bridging visa e? I cant really afford a lawyer atm :(

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I cant really afford a lawyer atm :(
That's too bad, because with a complicated situation like this you really could use one.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Hi there,

. Whats the next best steps to remain in australia until my sponsorship 457 is lodged?

**Contact an Australian based RMA (cheaper than a lawyer)

Once my defacto is withdrawn, shall I apply for bridging visa e?

**A bridging visa E! You can apply for work rights - but will you get them?

E is for evil - you need a RMA right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. Registered Migration Agent.
Thanks. Do you know of any good ones based in melbourne cbd?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
They don't need to be in Melbourne - There is a list of some in the sticky section.

But the one that replied to you is good, I've used him and would again if the need arises.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Your bridging visa grant letter should say something like this :

If you withdraw your Partner (subclass 820) visa application, this bridging visa will allow you to remain lawfully in Australia until 35 calendar days after that withdrawal.

Your problem is this:

If the applicant is in Australia at the time of application:
(a) the applicant holds a substantive visa
(b) if the applicant does not hold a substantive visa at the time of application:
(ii) the applicant satisfies Schedule 3 criteria 3003, 3004 and 3005.

Go and see a good Registered Migration Agent in your area, so you can talk this through properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.