Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need information.. I am currently on WHV, I have applied for the second year so am now on a bridging but now wish to withdraw and apply for a student visa as I want to attend a college course which is needed in order for me to progress in my job. Is it possible for me to withdraw my bridging visa, go on the 35 day period after cancellation, sign up to the college course and then apply for my student visa? Also Is this possible whilst onshore.

My main concern is it possible to withdraw one and apply for another? I haven’t been denied for any visa, it’s a straight withdrawal and reapply, does the bridging cover me etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Sounds stupid to me.

If you cancel a visa it also cancels the Bridging Visa - then you have no visa (that's bad)

You can apply for a Student Visa from a WHV and still have reasonable work rights until the Student Visa is approved , then go on the restricted Student Visa Work conditions after.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I’m on a bridging now, I have been asked to provide more paper work with 28 days to provide. Therefore I will need to withdraw at some stage anyway before that time period as i don’t want/need the WHV anymore. If I can’t progress in my job I may aswell go back to the UK, for me to progress here I need to go on the course which a student visa is needed due to the fact it’s a 12 month course and the WHV only allows you to study for 4 months. I’m at abit of catch22 with it, I don’t know if I could change from requesting a WHV to a student or do I need to withdraw the WHV and then apply for a student first. Or is it just not possible.

I don’t want to pay for a course, pay for the student visa and it gets declined because I can’t withdraw one visa and apply for another, I’m at abit of a loss

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Sounds like you are already in the shyt!

Asked to provide within 28 days says that you already have an issue or more.

Contact a good RMA immediately is the best advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.