Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I have a question. I ll be glad if u can answer.

I am from Turkey and applied for 190(skilled immigrant) pr visa. Probably it will be accepted in 6 months.

My girlfriend is from Turkey also and she wants to come to Australia with me. But our consultant told us it is almost impossible to be accepted as defacto partnerssip visa if we apply from Turkey.

Our idea is to marry or to apply defacto partnership visa with her tourist visa or with a work and holiday visa.

do you think is it possible to marry with someone in a work and holiday visa when the other person have pr.

thank you and have a nice day:)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Try not using a consultant and using a Registered Migration Agent, An Australian based would be an advantage.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello everybody,

I have a question. I ll be glad if u can answer.

I am from Turkey and applied for 190(skilled immigrant) pr visa. Probably it will be accepted in 6 months.

My girlfriend is from Turkey also and she wants to come to Australia with me. But our consultant told us it is almost impossible to be accepted as defacto partnerssip visa if we apply from Turkey.

Our idea is to marry or to apply defacto partnership visa with her tourist visa or with a work and holiday visa.

do you think is it possible to marry with someone in a work and holiday visa when the other person have pr.

thank you and have a nice day:)
Once you have PR, you will be able to sponsor her for a partner visa, but it would have been much cheaper and simpler if she had been included in your sc. 190 application, provided of course that you are in a proper de-facto or married relationship.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you have PR, you will be able to sponsor her for a partner visa, but it would have been much cheaper and simpler if she had been included in your sc. 190 application, provided of course that you are in a proper de-facto or married relationship.
we can not marry in turkey because gay marriage is not accepted in turkey. can i marry with her if she comes with a tourist visa? or with a work and holiday visa as i mentioned before?

or can she come to live with me as my defacto partner after i go to australia?

thank you for your reply btw and i hope i could explain myself clearly.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
De facto relationships are and have been legal in Australia, I don't see why they could not have been included in your application.

Evidence may be difficult, but that wont change and she can not be your de facto if you don't have the evidence for a marriage on a Visitor Visa.

Where was your Registered Migration Agent located (country)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
De facto relationships are and have been legal in Australia, I don't see why they could not have been included in your application.

Evidence may be difficult, but that wont change and she can not be your de facto if you don't have the evidence for a marriage on a Visitor Visa.

Where was your Registered Migration Agent located (country)?
my Registered Migration Agent is from turkey. he has offices in turkey and in australia also.

he said it is possible to apply defacto from now but probably they wont accept because people exploit this opportunity so much and if partnership fail my appeal will fail also..

so I tought that it is better if i go and she comes after me with a work and holiday visa and we started our partnership visa.

which one is better do you think?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not your Turkish based RMA.

Did he explain getting married means almost nothing in a Partner Visa application?

Did your RMA not inform you of a strategy for your partner?

It seems like he has left you with starting a relationship evidence trail starting some time in the future. I think you need a very good strategy to meet the evidence requirements of a relationship.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
You should probably see if she can get a work and holiday visa. Work and holiday visa's from Turkey are not the same as other countries - they have a limit of 100 per year and they need to be nominated by the Turkish government: Work & Holiday Visa

Do you live together in Turkey? If she comes to Australia and you marry in Australia you still need evidence and it is recommend to live together for at least a few months before lodging your visa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Mish, thank you for your reply.

yes we are living together in turkey. we have been living at the same flat for 6 months and we have been together for 1.5 years.

we went holidays together 5 times. 2 of them was abroad. we have lots of photos and common friends and e-mails and a common bank account.

but i do not know what else do we need to proove our relationship and i need to know if it is possible to marry or apply for defacto visa when she comes with tourist visa or work and holiday visa?

please help me if you have any informaiton, thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Yes you can as long as the visa does not have a no further stay clause on it.

Also you will need to be de facto for 12 months or register the relationship to apply on de facto grounds.

Just make sure you have proof of living together ie joint lease, joint bills etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.