Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I am an Irish citizen and I applied for my work and holiday visa (417) in March 2017. I was then asked for a character statement and police clearance certificate which I submitted in April 2017. I heard nothing until June 2017 when my application was passed to the visa applicant character consideration unit (VACCU).

Since then my girlfriend applied for her visa and got it granted straight away. We booked flights for 16th January 2018 thinking my visa would definitely be through. We have tried every contact we can find on the internet to try get an update or timeframe to when I could expect to hear about my application but they all say I just have to wait it out. I appreciate it says on the website not to make any travel arrangements until your visa is granted but as I applied over 10 months ago I thought it would definitely be back by now as the average processing time is 9-29 days.

We have had to change the dates of our flights and our new date is 18th April 2018. I am concerned incase it still hasn’t came through by then. As you can imagine it’s getting so frustrating and disheartening and I would just like an update! If any of you have went through the same thing or have any advice please please share!! Much appreciated, Niall

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.