Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

I am from the US and my boyfriend is working here in AU. I am in a WHV subclass 462 for 10 months now. When my WHV visa expires, I'd like to still stay here or come back for at least 3 months to travel only since I have just been working.

Applying for a 2nd WHV is not an option because I have not worked in the specified work.
To apply for a student visa is too expensive for me.
We cannot apply for a de facto visa since my boyfriend is still applying for permanent residency.

I was thinking of going to NZ or PH or US to exit Australia, and apply for an ETA to come back and stay for 3 months until we can apply for a de facto visa.

Is it possible or will immigration question me?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
You can try, but it is unlikely that you will be granted any type of tourist visa so quickly after have been on a W&H visa for 12 months. The 462 visa is not a work visa as such and the intention is that you have some holidays as well while you’re on this visa.

I think you will be better off applying for a partner visa while on your current visa. If not, make sure you have a plan B, as you may not be able to come back for a while.

Reactions: Enjay
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.