Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm currently during the process of doing a Partner Visa (subclass 309) with my girlfriend to come to Australia. My story is as below - thank you in advance for your time reading this.

I'm an Australian citizen and have lived together with my girlfriend for 12 months now in China and I have just one concern about the financial support (me being the sponsor) side of things.

12 months ago I came to China exclusively to live with my girlfriend to get the 12 months requirement for the Partner Visa so we can start our life in Australia. Having saved around $30k before I left about 6-8 months in I started to dwindle to my last nickel.

I have been in China this whole time on a Student Visa learning the Chinese language but this visa doesn't allow me to work legally. Feeling the pressure of having no money and the attraction to high salaries here in China I reluctantly took a few jobs teaching English, working at a hotel and an office job during my spare time of studies.

I was wondering should I put these jobs down on my sponsorship Form 40SP even knowing I was working illegally? All the jobs I did were cash in hand sorts of jobs but I still have contracts and some payslips from some of the jobs.

I know also I have to support my girlfriend for the two years when she comes to Australia and to be honest I don't have that money. Is it possible to allocate one of my parents to be an AoS for her?

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks once again.

Kind regards,

Tim

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Just remember that even though you have earnt money overseas, you may want to look at taxation issues back here too!
But yes, if you have not had recent employment, that could mean you'll need an Assurer of Support to be nominated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.