Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology from Anna University, Tamil Nadu India. The duration of course was from 2008 to 2012. But I had some failed papers. So I completed the exam in 2014.

But during the middle of the course (from 2010 to 2012) I've been working as a part-time accountant. (I have worked 4 hours for 5 days (06:00 PM - 10:00 PM) and in Saturdays and Sundays I've worked 10 to 12 hours each (09:30 AM - 7:30 PM or 09:30 AM - 09:30 PM).

From 2012 (after my studies but not my final exam because of failed papers) I have worked full time in the same post in the same place and has been working there ever since. (2012 - 2016). Till now both part time and full time I've received my salary in cash. But I've talked to my boss and he said he will provide me with the necessary salary slips, salary certificates, testimonials from co-workers and my boss for the period on my request reflecting their records. I of course do not have bank statements (I only even opened a bank account at 2015!!!) because my salary was paid in cash and most of the salary was used up for my expenses. I can also get my Income tax records (Even though my pay was below the threshold for taxation)

I wanted to migrate to Australia under 189 Skilled Independent Visa. When I contacted CPA Australia (my assessment board) they said I have to have an initial assessment to know if I have the degree as comparable to Australian Bachelor's
Degree. After that I need to write Foundation Exams for the competency area that I do not possess in my Bachelor's Degree (which is most probably all of them). I have no worries about the Foundation Exams. I've looked at the syllabus and
they seem very easy to me and I've taught myself accounting all these years. (The only slight problematic paper is Fundamentals of Business Law).

If everything goes well then I get a total of 75 points (Age (30 Points), English (20 Points), Work Experience (10 Points), Bachelor's Degree (15 Points).

Now the my questions are as follows:

0) Are the above proofs enough for providing Work Experience Proof or do I require more?

1) Now is the entirely possible for a guy with a computer degree with accounting experience to find jobs (at least is it remotely possible)?

2) Will the Australian Job Market be partial to me even after possessing good grades in all foundation exams and with pre-foundation exam experience?

3) Will DIBP or CPA Australia reject my work experience because it is obtained before the foundation exams or before completing my bachelor's degree?

4) If they reject some of the work experience out of the 7 years experience how much will I probably get?

5) How is the job market for Accountants like in Australia (especially in Sydney) since Accountants (both General, Taxation & Management Accountant) are in the Flagged list of SOL in both 2014-15 and 2015-16?

6) I am tensed about my situation. Does the situation with different degree and pre-qualification experience come often in immigration. I'm scared that they will reject me because of this.

7) Since I don't possess an Australian Degree, can I apply any other visas that will lead straight to PR?

8) With my situation which do you think is better 190 visa or 189? (Because with 189 I get PR straight but still I have to go through the Job market searching for a job which may be tough but with 190 I get PR after 2 years which is a guaranteed job (for at least 2 years) but still it will take 2 years for my PR and I am mostly looking for part-time work because I don't want to work any full time jobs anymore).

9) With my points how many months will I have to wait to get an invitation from skill select (If it cannot be said on my case give me an approximate range e.g. like 2 months to 1 year).

10) For my Visa payment I don't have a Credit Card or PayPal (even though I can get PayPal). Is there any alternative payment mode for Visa like Demand Draft or International Wire Transfer or something like that?

I hope I made my case clear. In my area there are no migration agents and I don't know if I can trust the online migration agents. That's why I asking this to you guys. Anyway hoping for a quick reply!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.