Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day.

I have a question regarding recent work experience.

I would like to submit my application for Skilled independent visa with occupation in which I have over 10 years of work experience but I didn't work in it for some 5 years.

Can I claim points for this or not?

Best regards,
Milos

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you have a look at the eligibility requirements for a skilled visa via. Department of Immigration & Citizenship you'll see that you need recent experience as a mandatory no points requirement and then any points for greater experience also has a recency requirement.
So answer to your question is No and it would seem an application may not be successful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for reply.

I was afraid of that question, but after posting I have visited ACS website regarding ICT qualifications in which I could claim 18 years worth of work experience points.

Since I have no university education for 261111 ICT BUSINESS ANALYST or 261112 SYSTEMS ANALYST or 261313 SOFTWARE ENGINEER and have a few Microsoft and Cisco certificates and I try my application with them?

In information technology I have experience fresh as from today and continuous in last 18 years.

Milos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi liberum

Did you try finding an employer and then getting a sponsorship .. that way you get additional 10 points.

Seeing your experience I am sure that's an easy route.

Please share your experience if you already tried that.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying, constantly but still no luck.

All employers wants you to have work permit before they give you a possition.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Australian Experience

Hi,
I have a small query regarding Visa 885.
I have got a positive assessment from ACS, i also have considered my experience while submitting the assessment. ACS didn't consider my australian experience and wrote "Not Relevant to Nominated Occupation" as i didn't have 2 years of Australian Experince. But gave a positive assessment for my Australian Education.
My question is will this note from ACS in the assessment letter would be a problem while the processing of Australian Experience 10 points.
I have all reference letter from Employer and 1.5 years of Pay Slips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a small query regarding Visa 885.
I have got a positive assessment from ACS, i also have considered my experience while submitting the assessment. ACS didn't consider my australian experience and wrote "Not Relevant to Nominated Occupation" as i didn't have 2 years of Australian Experince. But gave a positive assessment for my Australian Education.
My question is will this note from ACS in the assessment letter would be a problem while the processing of Australian Experience 10 points.
I have all reference letter from Employer and 1.5 years of Pay Slips.
Hi Vijay,

Any luck mate.I m in same situation.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.