Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work Limitation for 2nd Year W&H Visa with Bridging Visa A granted but not active.

Hi there

I'm currently on my 2nd Year Working Holiday Visa (462) with Bridging Visa A granted (but not active) after applying for De Facto Visa (820) 4 months ago.

There is a 6 month limitation to work with one employer as a condition for the Working Holiday Visa (462)

My current employer wants to keep me with them indefinitely.

I have been working with them since mid May 2018 and it will be 6 months with them by mid November 2018.

They are aware of my application for De Facto Visa (820). They have requested for me to email them my Bridging Visa A grant notification which I did. They told me that that grant evidence, even though it is not active, would allow me to stay with them longer than 6 months.

I'm very worried though. I know the work conditions for my currently active Working Holiday Visa 462 and I understand the Bridging Visa A won't kick in until my current Working Holiday Visa 462 expires in February 2019.

I keep asking my managers and human resources and they all keep saying "You are fine. Don't worry about it. You can work indefinitely"

The truth is that I DO worry about it. I don't want to exceed any work limit condition, end up being an unlawful non-citizen and to be removed from the country. That would jeopardize the future with my Australian partner of 4 years. We have worked hard to be able to have a life together and we do not want to risk it.

I have tried calling Home Affairs but I can never get through. I guess they are really busy.

I thank you all for your replies and advice in advance. Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.