Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently on a postgraduate visa (574), hence, I have full working rights.
I will however start a new course at a different institute soon. The University I am studying at will inform Immigration that I failed my current course and my visa will be cancelled 28 days after that.

I will then apply for the student visa 500 with the new CoE.

I currently work full-time. From my understanding I will probably have the same working rights on the bridging visa.

But what happens after that? There will be a period of time before commencing the new course and the 500 being granted.
Technically I am not allowed to work on the 500 before course commencement.
Does that mean I'll have to quit my job once the new visa is granted and I'm no longer on the bridging visa?

Is there a way around it?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I was told after Uni informs immigration I will have 28 days in which I can either leave or apply for a new visa
As long as your original student visa remains valid, you won't be subject to s.48 and you will remain subject to the conditions of your current visas.

If you validly lodge a new student visa, a new bridging visa will be granted, which will come into effect when your current visa ceases. That bridging visa would normally have the same conditions as your previous visa, once it is in effect.

However, if your current student visa is cancelled after you have applied for a new student visa, the bridging visa associated with the new application will normally also be cancelled, in which case you'll have to apply for a bridging visa E, which will not have work rights.

Make sure you are well informed about, and prepared for, all the different scenarios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.