Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one could answer my questions?

How relevant is close relevant Jobs.

I applied my skill assessment for sales rep. (industrial), but now I got a job in a real estate company as sales assistant.

Is my job a relevant job with my skill assessment? Can I use it as australia working experience if I worked for one yr?

Thanks....

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I've never really looked into such matters Barry and ít could depend on;
Class of Visa applied for
What sort of a supportive background you have for Industrial Sales
And that to be a fully qualifies Realestate Salesperson, there are courses/certificates - an assistant something else.

Have you looked up under the occupational codes you'll find under a link on the 457 visa to see if there aredescriptions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never really looked into such matters Barry and ít could depend on;
Class of Visa applied for
What sort of a supportive background you have for Industrial Sales
And that to be a fully qualifies Realestate Salesperson, there are courses/certificates - an assistant something else.

Have you looked up under the occupational codes you'll find under a link on the 457 visa to see if there aredescriptions.
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking to apply for 885 visa, I graduate with a bachelor degree, as the financial status of australia now, it is not easy to get a job, and it is even harder for recent graduate student to find a job, and not to mention as a oversea student it gets more difficult.

When there is a job oppertunity, you take it. But it has some different with my nominated occupation. I know rules are rules, but what is the measure of "relevant jobs"??

I just wish to have a confirmed answer, because I couldn't bear to waste a whole year's time to work for some job that "not relevant" to my nominated occupation, and fail to achieve the pass mark of Genral skill migration (885)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm not sure i understand what industrial sales are, but, perhaps real estate sales would be relevant experience--your learning more about selling, dealing with clients, working in an office... the skills you learn there will help you in industrial sales surely?

I would call someone in immi to see if it does qualify as relevant experience. The key term there is "relevant." If you worked as a lion tamer all of a sudden, then no, that isnt industrial sales experience.... but general sales experience?

Do call immi, im actually interested to see what their criteria are for such a thing. let us know how you go...

Right just had a look and found what you are saying and cant find anything else

"•at a skilled level in your nominated occupation or in a closely related occupation on the SOL."

I can see the grey area.... call immi!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any one could answer my questions?

How relevant is close relevant Jobs.

I applied my skill assessment for sales rep. (industrial), but now I got a job in a real estate company as sales assistant.

Is my job a relevant job with my skill assessment? Can I use it as australia working experience if I worked for one yr?

Thanks....
You need to be very careful as your Australian employment experience will be crucial to your chances of successfully obtaining a subclass 885 visa in the future.

Your nominated occupation of Sales Rep Industrial is an occupation worth 50 points on the skilled occupation list.

Real-estate sales person is a completely different occupation and only worth 40 points on the skilled occupation list.

The issue of Australian employment experience relevant to your nominated occupation is a grey area and you need to have some careful research done in order to be confident in your decision.

Raul T Senise Registered Australian Migration Agent, MARA No. 0636699

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.