Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wanting some information about the de facto 417 visa application.
My first question is regarding question 33; is it necessary to purchase healthcare prior to having this visa approved? I am from Sweden so i am part of the reciprocal healthcare agreement, plus i have basic insurance from Sweden which lasts the first 45 days of my time in Australia, i then fully intend to purchase comprehensive healthcare insurance. However i do have a condition which i need medication for (ADD), however i could cater for this by first bringing some medication with me for the first small time period followed by buying comprehensive healthcare so i can go regularly to doctors.

Second question; i am in what i consider to be a de facto relationship with someone from Australia, however we have lived together intermittently for the last 12 months, i was wondering if i should answer ‘de facto’ or ‘single and never married’ on question number 6. We will be living together in a de facto relationship once i arrive in Australia, and potentially intend to apply for the de facto visa at a later point.

If you could help me with these questions that would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Your health insurance arrangements seem ok. Definitely a good idea to have some sort of travel insurance as well.

If you want to later claim that you were already in a de-facto relationship when you applied for the WHV, then you should declare it. This could of course raise questions about your motivation for coming to Australia.

If you are just in a boyfriend/ girlfriend relationship at this stage, then there is no need to declare it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.