Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I came across this site trying to understand the immi-codes on there website.. and need some help

First, I am American I applied for my work visa January 2018 (first time)
Since then I’m been waiting...
Ive heard multiple stories that people have received it within a week or even 2 days, but I also have been told none of them had to provide ( funds, FBI background check, or proof of schooling) which I had to.

After waiting, a month and a half on “ assessment in process” my status had changed March 3, 2018 to “ further assessment”

What does it mean? Why is my wait time so long?

Also, my boyfriend is Dutch applied for his second year visa, his wait time has been the same length, but his status was “Recieved”for a month. And half now changed the same day to “Inital assessment”

What does Inital assessment mean?

How much longer do we have to wait??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, but that doesn’t answer any of my questions.

As an USA citizen for a work holiday it Immi told me to apply to that one, it was the only choice. So I applied to the wrong one?

also, Can you answer my other questions.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
462 Work and Holiday is available to Americans. The Working Holiday is the 417 and no, you can't apply for that one.

Some people aren't questioned, others are. Some people get grants straight away, others don't. Luck of the draw, really. None of us are the CO looking at your case so no one can tell you why it's taking as long as it is. Best to just be patient.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m in the same boat as you. I applied on feb 8th & got asked to submit a medical on feb 12th. I submitted the medical of feb 28th & since then I’ve heard nothing. To answer your question, the further assessment is basically saying that your application is still being processed by the department. My application status is also on “further assessement”. I also just realized that the processing times for my visa 462 has now been hiked up to 53 days to 4 months, compared to the initial 33 days to 71 days smh

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I also just realized that the processing times for my visa 462 has now been hiked up to 53 days to 4 months, compared to the initial 33 days to 71 days smh
Have a read of the 820/801 threads where listed processing times were jumped up from around the within 6-8 months to the within 20 months mark. 4 months is child's play ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.