Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have just completed the first part of the application for an Australian Working Holiday Visa. I think soon I will be asked to provide the necessary documents? Although at the moment is saying I do not have to provide any?

I have read on this forum that with some visas it is not necessarily to send certified copies of passport, birth certificate and bank statement, if I send in coloured scanned images instead.

Just wondering if this is the case for Working Holiday Visa applications from the UK?

I am currently not in the UK and would therefore have to pay to return if I need to get my passport certified. If this is the case, does anyone know how long I have to submit the documents? My intended date of arrival is 1st August 2018?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never submitted my passport for a Working Holiday Visa (it was 2013 though).

As far as I'm aware, they just electronically attach your visa number to your passport and it shows up on the system when you enter the country. I'm not even sure if my passport got stamped!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, Brilliant. I really hope that's still the case. Flying home from India and then back to Australia would be such a waist of money!

At the moment, I've filled out the form and paid, and the document section says that there aren't any documents that are required. I just thought maybe there was a second stage where I'd have to send them in.

Thank you for the reply!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not much requires certification these days only clear colour scans - Singapore seems to be an exception to this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not much requires certification these days only clear colour scans - Singapore seems to be an exception to this.
That's good to know. Definitely a weight off my shoulders.

Do you know whether I will definitely be asked to provide scanned copies of passport, birth certificate, bank statements and passport photos? - when applying for a Working Holiday Visa as a UK resident.

Thank you for the reply

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I think all but bank statements will need scan uploads, but I know more about Partner Visas than the WHV - the upload of scans does seem the same in almost every case that I am aware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.