Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to apply for the working holiday visa subclass 417 but am stuck on one question; "have you lived/ stayed outside of UK for more than 3 consecutive months?" I have been travelling in Asia for two years and spent the majority of that time in Malaysia so the answer is yes. But then the next question; "list the countries you have stayed in for more than 3 consecutive months". Well Malaysian visas last 90 days so technically I have not stayed in any country for more than 3 consecutive months, I have stayed for 3 months then travelled out and back again several times. If I list each time I stayed for ALMOST 3 months then this isn't answering the question and will be a very long process of going through entry/exit stamps in my passport. However I also cannot say no I haven't been out of the UK for more than 3 months.
I think this question just relates to what health checkups i will need but neither answer fits? Any advice??!

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
I am trying to apply for the working holiday visa subclass 417 but am stuck on one question; "have you lived/ stayed outside of UK for more than 3 consecutive months?" I have been travelling in Asia for two years and spent the majority of that time in Malaysia so the answer is yes. But then the next question; "list the countries you have stayed in for more than 3 consecutive months". Well Malaysian visas last 90 days so technically I have not stayed in any country for more than 3 consecutive months, I have stayed for 3 months then travelled out and back again several times. If I list each time I stayed for ALMOST 3 months then this isn't answering the question and will be a very long process of going through entry/exit stamps in my passport. However I also cannot say no I haven't been out of the UK for more than 3 months.
I think this question just relates to what health checkups i will need but neither answer fits? Any advice??!
There might be a few parts to that.

Q: "have you lived/ stayed outside of UK for more than 3 consecutive months?" Assuming you did not return to the UK, before every three months was up, then you have stayed outside. The answer would, as you say, be Yes.

This was posted some years ago, in this respect.
An applicant is required to state all the countries visited (as well as period within each country) where a period of more than three consecutive months has been spent outside normal country of residence and is within the last five years.

From form 1150, I see that the exact question is:
24: In the last 5 years, have you visited, or lived, outside your country of passport for more than 3 consecutive months?
If Yes, give details:

You have lived outside your country of passport for more than 3 consecutive months, so you need to say Yes, and then give details.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.